Thread: John Clark Aberdeen

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

John Clark Aberdeen

Booked bike in for a service before going to the mainland.
    In the service the Final Drive was found to be faulty.
    They stripped and replaced it in time for my trip.

Thanks to Craig the engineer and Mark customer service both keeping me informed.
    Added the good will was sorted by the time the bike was picked up, thus giving me the 2 yr warantee.

In contacting John Clark Dundee the service / parts department were equally helpful.

A positive post

Good to hear they know about customer service!

New Member (less than 15 Posts)

John Clark

Hi,
    I had a good response from Andy in the sales department. Bought a new GS as I tried looking for a year old one around the country dealers but BMW offered free panniers. Motorrad Central did a deal where you got top box, tankbag and all inner bags in new deal. Andy did match the deal so in all everyone seem happy. Haggle with them and if they want the sale great but if not there are others that will

N.E Scotland / Middle of the sand pit....
    Pleased to hear that they appear to have "turned the corner" in regard to Customer Services.

I had a hellish experience with them 5 years ago and vowed never to darken their doors again with either my bikes or my car.

It resulted in me getting a written apology from BMW but sweet feck-all from John Clark.

Funnily enough, about 17 days after that, some very naughty person went in over their fence at night-time and did all the cars with paint stripper.

How terrible, you can imagine the pain a felt for those poor, poor people at John Clark who are just trying to do the best as they know how.....

Feck them. If I knew who did it, I would buy them free beer for a month.

Well, I was in John Clark Aberdeen to drop the car in for a service and...hello, what's this? ....motorcycles !!!

Beaky Farkler Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Andy works at the Dundee branch.

I'm told Aberdeen have recently started selling bikes again, presumably to offset the drop in car sales in the current oil industry crash.

Well thats good news, it was a pain to go to Dundee with such a big city on your doorstep. I just hope they dont squirrel the showroom away in a dark corner like they did the last time. I always thought the car team looked down on you when they saw you with your bike gear on.
    R100GS PD 1993
    Moto Guzzi 1200 Sport 2010
    Triumph 900 Scrambler 2014
    Yamaha Delight 115 Scooter 2013

Citroen DS3 120lux 2015
    Knaus Sun Ti 650 MG 2017

Andy, The bikes are at the front, just inside the front door. Not a bad set-up.
    I know a couple of the sales guys ride, so customers shouldn't be left to the bland waffling of a car salesman.
    Hope it works out for them.

Sooo my car was in John Clark for a service.
    While there I asked them to give me a price for new tyres.
    Anyway, the quoted price was a bit eye watering. When I griped a bit they said they could do some price matching if I could come up with a genuine cheaper quote.
    So onto Black Circles goes I. A good couple hundred pound cheaper. When I told John Clark, they nigh on matched it.
    Well impressed for a main dealer to (almost) match Black Circles.

I hope it works for them too.

regarding tyres I always went to Sillets in Aberdeen. The guys a legend with great service at the right price. I hope he's still there as he really knows his stuff and his advice on tyre choice is spot on.
    R100GS PD 1993
    Moto Guzzi 1200 Sport 2010
    Triumph 900 Scrambler 2014
    Yamaha Delight 115 Scooter 2013

Citroen DS3 120lux 2015
    Knaus Sun Ti 650 MG 2017

JC's - Suppose I better go and have a look.

Andy - Sillet still there.