Big Bike Rally Training Ride Report

That slope on the right was nuts. When they said we'd be going up it... I genuinely thought they were kidding! But, as ever, Tamsin demonstrated the way:

DSC2658-L.jpg

Pay attention to the gap at the top... or rather the lack of gap!

With very little run up, it was supposed to be possible to do it. First up, was one of the KTMs

DSC2663-L.jpg

Looking good...
DSC2667-L.jpg

But then it started to go a bit Pete Tong (do people still say that??)
DSC2668-L.jpg

This pic shows just how soft and deep it was:
DSC2669-L.jpg

Time for one of the other KTMs to demonstrate...
DSC2670-L.jpg

Looking interesting...
DSC2673-L.jpg

But still made it :cool:
DSC2676-L.jpg

Here's a video of me making it up... although having some issues with that gap! :D
<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EQXuR0Mp5zA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We finished the day with several laps of a laid course, much like doing a special stage of a rally - this was great practice although it demonstrated how tired I was!

And then it was time for home

DSC2677-L.jpg

It was an excellent weekend with plenty to learn and, even tho it was targeted at the more experienced rider, it wasn't just about how fast you can go but the techniques needed to ride smoothly, efficiently and therefore fast. So I will certainly be going back when they organise the next one!

Oh, and in case there weren't enough pics - there are even more here: http://mav21.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Rally-Training/18879455_j4Fsg8#1463569168_34cwp3r

Speak to Burtieboy or Moly for when they'll be organising the next one :thumb2

Hi, I have just had a get together with Moly and the next bike Bike Rally Training Weekend is on the 19th / 20th November.

Even if you are not thinking of entering a Rally or taking part in the Big Bike Rally Challenge (but go on admit it you want to don't you)! this course is definitely worth it.

Just to discover what you can really do with a bike is fantastic, the amount of improvement I could see in myself was unbelievable.

Go on sign up for the next one :thumb2

Signed up for 19th/20th. :thumb2 Can't wait. :bounce1

thats good to see a new name so close to me too !!!!! we will allways limit numbers so training is better value and we can spend more time on the saddle,better than just talking about it and we find it works well look forward to meeting you....................... moly

thats good to see a new name so close to me too !!!!! we will allways limit numbers so training is better value and we can spend more time on the saddle,better than just talking about it and we find it works well look forward to meeting you....................... moly

I have my name on the list for these dates too:thumb I did one of the big bike challenge events (kielder) this year and really enjoyed myself, so I intend to do a few more next year.

See you both there. :thumb2 Going to try to get a bit of practice on some local lanes in over the coming weeks. I've not been out for ages other than on Friday and I was decidedly wobbly. :eek:

MAv

Hi just signed up for this on the 28-9 July where did you stay? any recommendations?

Back
Top Bottom