Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thanks

I should change this Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Packer View Post
    DSCF0328
    If it wasn't for the trailer underneath it, I'd swear that was mine...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronno View Post
    Then I remembered. He doesn't ride a GS. Therefore he aint at the sharp end of Dudeness...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wapping View Post
    'Where there's offence, there's brass'

Thankyou to Bryn & Lynn
    Had a great weekend offroading, didnt have a clue where we were, (dont think the guys leading us did either sometimes) but great scenery, company and good challenging offroading. Thanks to all.

www.humvee-graphics.com Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    In no particular order.........
    A great weekend, thanks to Bryn and Lyn for organising
    Well done to all who turned up it was good to put faces to names, thanks to Johnnie for the excellent Saturday ride out

Thanks to the VW Transporter owners club for the hospitality, G&T's, Jager, cold buffet/early morning snacks
    Visit our web shop for stickers/graphics/pannier wrap kits for your GS/Adventure bike
    web shop; www.humvee-graphics.com The originals and the best
    Limited range of our products available on e-bay, our shop; humveegraphics
    Facebook; http://www.facebook.com/humveegraphics

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I also would like to thank Bryn and Lynn for not just this years doo but all the other doo's at Lumb farm and the one in Leics somewhere
    Please have another think about doing next years
    Maybe if you got some help from Volunteers would it "Help"
    The Fridays riding buddies were probably the best bunch of ridrers I have had the pleasure to "lead"
    As were Saturdays, I am sorry for the very slippy lane, but thats the way nature left it Hope yer bike and finger gets well soon Paul
    Thanks to Barbara and proff for putting up with me requests for tea and coffee
    Thanks to Sid for Lighting my way on Friday night
    Thanks to everyone for making my lovely wife Janet welcome to the venue - pity about the C word someone = not made a good first impression there mate
    Thanks to Andrew for bringing his lovely grandchild to the doo
    Thanks to everyone else I havent thanked

Thanks

thank you

Thanks Lynn & Bryn for another great weekend.Will miss it next year.
    Great food and great company as always
    Sue and Clive

Stay Frosty Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    much thanks to Bryn and Lyn for organising a terrific weekend, and credit to the weather for being so kind as to only rain when i was under cover.

Thanks to everyone who organised this event.

Long drive up which took me all day Friday to get there due to traffic holdups. Excellent night off-road ride on Friday led by Mick. Unfortunately, my wrist injury gave me grief which prevented me joining the hardcore off-road on Saturday. Instead I joined the "easy" Mick route which lasted about 100 yards before we had broken rider and bike Bike and rider repaired OK in afternoon with help from fellow tossers. I went out for mountain bike ride in afternoon to work up a thirst for the evening.

Total lightweight on the drinking front as well. Fell asleep after a couple of pints and went to bed at 10.30pm virtually sober. Must have been tired as I slept right through all the entertainment from others.

Long drive back home on Sunday. Round trip of 540kms according to my Hymer. Got to within 5 miles of home and engine blew up! Loud bang followed by clunking noises and then total silence. Luckily my neighbour turned out with a tow rope and pulled me home. Just glad it didn't happen further from home.

Great event, well worth the travel to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Crapaud View Post
    Thanks to everyone who organised this event.

Long drive up which took me all day Friday to get there due to traffic holdups. Excellent night off-road ride on Friday led by Mick. Unfortunately, my wrist injury gave me grief which prevented me joining the hardcore off-road on Saturday. Instead I joined the "easy" Mick route which lasted about 100 yards before we had broken rider and bike Bike and rider repaired OK in afternoon with help from fellow tossers. I went out for mountain bike ride in afternoon to work up a thirst for the evening.

Total lightweight on the drinking front as well. Fell asleep after a couple of pints and went to bed at 10.30pm virtually sober. Must have been tired as I slept right through all the entertainment from others.

Long drive back home on Sunday. Round trip of 540kms according to my Hymer. Got to within 5 miles of home and engine blew up! Loud bang followed by clunking noises and then total silence. Luckily my neighbour turned out with a tow rope and pulled me home. Just glad it didn't happen further from home.

Great event, well worth the travel to get there.
    Sorry to hear that, is there a Hymen graveyard.............perhaps Proff needs a few spares (like stickers for a start)

Good to see you again and thanks for the cuppa & chat
    JohnnyBoxer

So many roads...........So little time......

What a waste. Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Thanks to Bryn and Lynn and any others involved - a good weekend and the weather turned out nice again.

Went to bed sober on the saturday night, but was royally entertained by the early hours singing pissed my self laughing as a laid in my sleeping bag listening to the "singing" , especially the rendition of "gimme shelter" best entertainment of the weekend.

And so good to see Jamie again, he's had a tough time and i wish him well and all the best for the future
    All your BMW servicing needs at the .gsshop.biz, including 1200 models

Recommended as an "excellent independant" in Ride magazine 2009.

I should change this Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Steptoe View Post
    And so good to see Jamie again, he's had a tough time and i wish him well and all the best for the future
    +1 I didn't bloody recognise him at first.
    Lay off the pies, fatboy!
    Then I remembered. He doesn't ride a GS. Therefore he aint at the sharp end of Dudeness...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wapping View Post
    'Where there's offence, there's brass'

I didn't recognise him at all, but we had a chat on Sunday morning...............brave fella
    JohnnyBoxer

So many roads...........So little time......

Quote Originally Posted by Morticia View Post

I have been to sleep since I got home, due to the newly formed GS male voice choir who insisted on practicing way past midnight last night
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill-H View Post

Inconsiderate, ignorant and selfish is how I'd describe them
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKEY B View Post
    I thought they behaved like animals, but that would be an insult to the Donkeys.
    Quote Originally Posted by MickDB1 View Post
    pity about the C word someone = not made a good first impression there mate
    Just as I was thinking that it sounded like a good event, this sort of unacceptable behaviour is reported.

Did no one think of phoning the police?
    Quote Originally Posted by Klanky View Post
    I've had some excellent times with the German Navy
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
    Who was the Whatton fellow anyway? Was he of any importance?

www.humvee-graphics.com Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Just as I was thinking that it sounded like a good event, this sort of unacceptable behaviour is reported.

Did no one think of phoning the police?
    Shocking

Visit our web shop for stickers/graphics/pannier wrap kits for your GS/Adventure bike
    web shop; www.humvee-graphics.com The originals and the best
    Limited range of our products available on e-bay, our shop; humveegraphics
    Facebook; http://www.facebook.com/humveegraphics

Thanks Bryn ans Lynn for all the effort. It has been a very enjoyable weekend. Nice to put faces to the names of some of the usual suspects :-)

Cheers

Oscar

The future's bright.... Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    It certainly was good to see the Viscount again....

Quote Originally Posted by brassmonkey001 View Post
    +1 I didn't bloody recognise him at first...
    I didn't either, I thought it was a Beetle that had been on a serious diet... but then when he started talking I could 'see' who it was

Quote Originally Posted by Paul G (BHT) View Post

I didn't either, I thought it was a Beetle that had been on a serious diet... but then when he started talking I could 'see' who it was
    TWAT !!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast