Protest

Deleted account 230818001

Reaction score
Hi everyone, anyone!?

Just wondering if anyone's going to meet up at either Washington or Durham services, for the protest rides this Sunday ?

Aye these new rules if they come in will not be great. After market slip ons , visors etc will be banned . Must wear hi vis jackets, seen some Germans touring around here with them on already ?
Basically EU using a no.6 hammer to crack a peanut, bar stewards .

Yeah, that's about it.

Most of our MP's don't like the changes but will probably say " we'd like to help you, but our hands are tied by European regulations. "

It amazes me that everyone else has "human rights" to lifestyle choices, apart from us.

The rides are setting off, northbound from Durham and Washington A1 services on Sunday promptly at 1 o'clock, so bikes should be there at 12 or 12.30, forecast looks ok.

Just wondering if any other GSER's will be there, chance to meet you all 'nd that!

Yeah, that's about it.

Most of our MP's don't like the changes but will probably say " we'd like to help you, but our hands are tied by European regulations. "

It amazes me that everyone else has "human rights" to lifestyle choices, apart from us.

The rides are setting off, northbound from Durham and Washington A1 services on Sunday promptly at 1 o'clock, so bikes should be there at 12 or 12.30, forecast looks ok.

Just wondering if any other GSER's will be there, chance to meet you all 'nd that!

Where are they riding to?

The idea seems to be that we all travel North using the left- hand lane at 45-50 mph, hopefully getting noticed by the general public.

There's no commitment, so everyone just travels as far as they like.

It looks like its going be pretty easy going, no marshals etc. as far as I can gather the only stipulation is that we all set off at 1 pm prompt, all around the country.

Each of us can do as much or little as we like, it's a free country ! Well that's the general idea anyway.

Thinking of Scotch Corner to make a day of it, can have a run up through Dales, call in Manor Cafe, then back via Helmsley.

I wanted to attend, think it`s worth it to show the gits cannot push this through un noticed
Sold my bike need big changes to the man cave to get the gsa in!
Fair play to Garry @ M & S keeping the bike for a few weeks till i get sorted.
So my baby is in the showroom and the weather is going to be gooooood for a few days...........ARSE

My protest will be to continue exactly as I am, wearing what the feck I like on me bike and running my aftermarket accessories.

:)

I'd like to be with you chaps, but tomorrow is SWMBO's birthday.
3 line whip to take her out for Sunday Lunch.

It would have been nice to meet you lot, but I've got to admit that I'm usually the first to say " in an ideal world, but life gets in the way ".

I'm sure ther'll be another excuse for us all to get together, just remember to always appear haughty and superior to other bikers, it's what they expect !!

That`s the point Mr K, i like a lot of folk have naughty visors , on the gsx14 cambells , but they are going to make it a no no . Small no. plate £60 3 points now. So if these changes becomes law?
This why we ride bikes have done since i could, 50 next month,so man and boy and i`m sick of some ass wipe telling me what, when or how i spend my time off .
Pissed basically due to E MP`s going "i ok " instead of :censor: off !
Qjumper , class mate, pure class "haughty" think i hurt something , you sir are a brick, good on you

Are EU really pulling the strings?

In a new move the EU is demanding that all new motorbikes come with engines etc that no longer can be worked on by their owners, only by licensed garages? This would put an end to all the tinkering in your garage and make our society even more "throw-away" than it already is, as you would have to believe the mechanic if he tells you that a part needs to be replaced.

But is this really going to be a decision made only by the EU? I would guess it’s the motorbike manufactures themselves, as this would enable them much more to steer, when people will have to buy a new machine.

Most large industries have people on their boards who are in a position to force legal requirements, but who gains but the motorbike manufacturers and their lobbyists.

They would be happy if we had to go only to the main dealers, as they would be the only ones with those special tools and the software to access our engines for repair and and tuning etc.

Would independent garages have all the necessary gear? This would in turn affect your local garage too, as they will loose out on business.

Like with many new cars, once this happens, there is no going back. Pushed by MEPs that might sit on the boards of manufacturers in this seeming cartel?

So the only way to stop this is to boycott buying any new motorbikes until the manufactures see the light. We can all hold out for a while buying a new bike. If you need a different set of wheels, buy it second hand.

Money talks: we hold the purse strings! We must not forget this!

This would have a real impact: The industry would have to change their mind. And really look like there on our side! The EU can go and find another target!

Yeah, lots of valid points being made here. One of the problems appears to be the usual one, it's all starting to look like another form of taxation .

We just get used to paying through our noses one way and then the buggers come along with another rip off for us to cope with. All the way along the line the actual instigators are faceless and nameless.

Anyway, we decided to join the protesters leaving from the A1 Seaton Burn services, roughly 50 or 60 bikes of various kinds. Due to traffic light controlled access we all got away in groupings of about 6 bikes. Staggered along the A1 like this proved to be very effective, even motorhomes were forced into the outside lane to overtake us. At one point it looked as though some riders decided to slow down 2 lanes which seemed to cause some road rage, so didn't last long. After 40 minutes we peeled off, but many looked as though they were heading up to the Scottish border.

I actually met 2 old school friends that I hadn't seen for 30 years, both off duty policemen out for a laugh and protest just like everyone else, so a great day for me. The sense of camaraderie and solidarity made me glad I'd allowed Mrs.Qjumper to bully me into attending, we'd definitely do so again.

Back
Top Bottom