Are the EU pulling the strings?

Workhorse

Reaction score
In a new move the EU is demanding that all new motorbikes come with engines etc that no longer can be worked on by their owners, only by licensed garages? This would put an end to all the tinkering in your garage and make our society even more "throw-away" than it already is, as you would have to believe the mechanic if he tells you that a part needs to be replaced.

But is this really going to be a decision made only by the EU? I would guess it’s the motorbike manufactures themselves, as this would enable them much more to steer, when people will have to buy a new machine.

Most large industries have people on their boards who are in a position to force legal requirements, but who gains but the motorbike manufacturers and their lobbyists.

They would be happy if we had to go only to the main dealers, as they would be the only ones with those special tools and the software to access our engines for repair and and tuning etc.

Would independent garages have all the necessary gear? This would in turn affect your local garage too, as they will loose out on business.

Like with many new cars, once this happens, there is no going back. Pushed by MEPs that might sit on the boards of manufacturers in this seeming cartel?

So the only way to stop this is to boycott buying any new motorbikes until the manufactures see the light. We can all hold out for a while buying a new bike. If you need a different set of wheels, buy it second hand.

Money talks: we hold the purse strings! We must not forget this!

This would have a real impact: The industry would have to change their mind. And really look like there on our side! The EU can go and find another target!

Workhorse
:rob

We were all out yesterday on the motorways protesting about this.

You must have been sleeping:blast

We were all out yesterday on the motorways protesting about this.

You must have been sleeping:blast

yeah I was riding/fetching a 'new' bike from Oldham to Bham and got stuck in the bl**dy queues on the M6. So I took part in the protest and never even knew why:blast

M6 south between Manchester and below 10mph....I wasn't Bl**dy impressed as it was pi**ing with rain and I just wanted to get back to brum.

Still the bike could weave thru the tin boxes:thumb

If you actually think any of these protests will make any difference
Your all sadly mistaken:comfort

Sorry you may win the battle but never the war:rolleyes:

Says a man who's seen it all before:rob

Back
Top Bottom