Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 46

Thread: We're doing another one!

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Exotic East
    Posts
    4,639

    We're doing another one!

    Join us next year for another Boxer Beet!!

    Any ideas for something different let us know otherwise we're condemned to hanging around, riding a bit, eating and drinking together.

    Sounds awful.

  2. #2
    Reality you can rely on...
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nottingham, UK.
    Posts
    7,490
    Quote Originally Posted by mr badger View Post
    Any ideas for something different let us know otherwise we're condemned to hanging around, riding a bit, eating and drinking together.
    After the success () of our camping with bonfire and bbq, I'd say the most important thing would be a flippin' big fire

    (Ignore this message if there was a big fire last time... I wasn't there )

    BMW K1100LT (1995).

    Harley FXST (1989).

    My Photos

    More Photos

    'What I'm out for is a good time,

    All the rest is propaganda!'

  3. #3
    Son of Ah Knah Yee Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    The North East
    Posts
    40,817
    Same venue?

    PUI since 2004


    [url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]


  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Norwich
    Posts
    496
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
    Same venue?

    Yup...back at The Angel in Larling... subject, of course, to confirmation from Andrew the landlord... I'm pretty sure that no-one, not even The Green Gusset (or Roger ), did anything so dire that we won't be allowed back...

  5. #5
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Canterbury, Kent
    Posts
    7,359
    BBQ for Sat night would be nice...

    All squeezy cheese banned...it's just not healthy

    No darts for me this time...took too long!!!!
    Bounce

    KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    KTM 400 EXC

  6. #6
    Appreciating Scotland Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    8,288
    How about a crazy bike track. Old ratter 125 or similar with a cup of water attached and you have to manage a tight, preferably bumpy, course with a see-saw plank and other hazards. Teams of two with the rider blindfold guided by team-mate? Winner looses least water. Charge per run, prize for the winner, money to charity. Simple and virtually free to set up. Trials riders have to drink five pints of beer before first run.

    You could also be evil and swap the front brake/clutch controls
    '83 BMW R100
    Yamaha S10
    '69 BMW R60 US

  7. #7
    Son of Ah Knah Yee Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    The North East
    Posts
    40,817
    Quote Originally Posted by Packer View Post
    How about a crazy bike track. Old ratter 125 or similar with a cup of water attached and you have to manage a tight, preferably bumpy, course with a see-saw plank and other hazards. Teams of two with the rider blindfold guided by team-mate? Winner looses least water. Charge per run, prize for the winner, money to charity. Simple and virtually free to set up. Trials riders have to drink five pints of beer before first run.

    You could also be evil and swap the front brake/clutch controls
    Why should trials riders have to abstain?

    PUI since 2004


    [url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]


  8. #8
    Appreciating Scotland Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    8,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
    Why should trials riders have to abstain?

    Sorry, I should have said a minimum of five pints, I wouldn't want anyone suffering dehydration.
    '83 BMW R100
    Yamaha S10
    '69 BMW R60 US

  9. #9
    I fell ill once... Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Map Room
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by mr badger View Post
    Join us next year for another Boxer Beet!!

    Any ideas for something different let us know otherwise we're condemned to hanging around, riding a bit, eating and drinking together.

    Sounds awful.
    Precisely.

    What's wrong with idleness, rideouts and going to the pub until we get chucked out again.

    KB's BBQ suggestion is quite good though.

    We don't need a West End Show but Jedward could make another appearance if they fancied it.



    Twas great fun last time.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Exotic East
    Posts
    4,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Bouncer View Post
    BBQ for Sat night would be nice...

    All squeezy cheese banned...it's just not healthy

    No darts for me this time...took too long!!!!
    I'm thinking BBQ.

  11. #11
    Reality you can rely on...
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nottingham, UK.
    Posts
    7,490
    Quote Originally Posted by mr badger View Post
    I'm thinking BBQ.
    And a big fire

    BMW K1100LT (1995).

    Harley FXST (1989).

    My Photos

    More Photos

    'What I'm out for is a good time,

    All the rest is propaganda!'

  12. #12
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Canterbury, Kent
    Posts
    7,359
    Quote Originally Posted by DitchWater View Post
    Precisely.

    What's wrong with idleness, rideouts and going to the pub until we get chucked out again.

    KB's BBQ suggestion is quite good though.

    We don't need a West End Show but Jedward could make another appearance if they fancied it.



    Twas great fun last time.
    To take it on a stage further....

    Friday - rock up, get pissed, eat, talk bollox and Ditchy & the elders can end up in the Angel drink Yardles ole blonk drizzle, with extra earth n moss...

    Sat - brekkie, ride outs & a big BBQ & fire into the small hours....Ditchy can make a visit to the old curiousity shop beforehand & dig out 2 more special guests who can make an appearence....

    Sun - brekkie n home...

    Bloody hell, sounds like a UK GSer event format that's worked well before.....
    Bounce

    KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    KTM 400 EXC

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by mr badger View Post
    I'm thinking BBQ.
    And paella ?
    PeterO

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Norwich
    Posts
    496
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterSX View Post
    And paella ?
    PeterO
    Perhaps... if you're a very good boy until then, mr b might just be persuaded to give the paella another outing...

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Suffolk, UK
    Posts
    21
    Great news. I'll put it in the diary.

  16. #16
    Deadhead Member Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Nottingham England
    Posts
    26,473
    Quote Originally Posted by Madame B View Post
    Perhaps... if you're a very good boy until then, mr b might just be persuaded to give the paella another outing...
    I'll be there next year

    What about getting hold of one of those giant paella dishes and making one big enough to feed everybody - veggie of course I'd happilly get stuck in and sort/lend a hand

    Andres
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    One of the five imbeciles of the vainglorious big swinging dick types of the Harley section

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Anyone attending a Ride Out or Event organised through the UKGSer Forums does so at their own risk.
UKGSer.com or anyone organising an event posted here will not be held responsible in any way for damage or personal injury sustained while attending any such events.

Members attending any such event do so at their own risk.

The text, images, graphics, sound files, animation files, video files, and their arrangement on this Website are all subject to copyright and other intellectual property protection. These objects may not be copied for commercial use or distribution, nor may these objects be modified or reposted to other sites without prior written permission.

Disclaimer: Use or depiction of the BMW logo or trademark throughout this web site is for illustrative and editorial purposes only, and to the benefit of the trademark owner, with no intention of infringement of the trademark.

The UKGSer Forums may include adult content for which it cannot be held responsible. Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of the UKGSER network privacy policy

"Its about being a grown up hooligan - and if that means a dark visor, remus open pipe and a bit of speeding out of town then all well and good"