the RT vs GS thing

So if you're on the 2.2/2.5 bar pressures, try the bike on the 2.5/2.9 combination. Others have tried it and liked it :)

+1 deffo try higher pressures. It seems sharper with a little more air in. + worth trying adding luggage to the preload ESA and even riding in normal rather than sport (more preload, less damping) sometimes that can suit if you are on an uneven yet twisty road.

my thoughts

Well ive had the RT for one month now and I am really quite impressed, ive done 2.3k in that time with 3 trips to the Ardennes and I ride down the coast.

Impressions are that on the motorway it’s a cracking tool, although I just cant seem to get the screen in the right position and get wind blast either on the back of my neck or if I lower the screen it smacks me in the face but it’s a minor gripe. Better wind protection, but weaves a bit with the panniers on and it has better protection when it rains as well.

45mpg at a steady 90mph which is a bit better than my GSA, 47mpg at 80ish when travelling with mates

Handling is fine on the fast twisties in the Ardennes, but not as good as the GSA on the smaller roads or when the surface gets bumpy, it’s just not as forgiving and you do need a bit more focus if you want to ride fast on those sort of roads.

Road presence, I still want my GSA

Days out, I still want my GSA

600 mile weekends to the Ardennes, I want the RT.

I guess I’m the same as most people that have owned both, really I want both but just cant afford it. The GSA when I’m out with my mates home and abroad, but the RT for travelling to anywhere with no days out planned.

I guess the 11 day trip to the Ardennes, Black Forest and the Alps at the end of May will reveal all :D

R1200R

Hi I am a newbie here,
Very interesting reading regarding G.S v RT
My bike is a 58reg R1200R,I think it is a very underated bike,it is great to ride very good in the twisties,and easy to handle in town,only gripe is the lack of weather protection,but its a naked bike.

I am interested in the RT because of the full fairing and windscreen.also it looks to be easier for the pillion to get on and off,my wife has a knee problem and struggles to get on the R1200R at times.

That's why I could never consider a G.S..no doubt its a great bike, tho I have not rode one..

A friend of mine had a G.S,but changed it for the R1200R which he thinks is a better road bike than the G.S

Cheers Bob

Hi I am a newbie here,
Very interesting reading regarding G.S v RT
My bike is a 58reg R1200R,I think it is a very underated bike,it is great to ride very good in the twisties,and easy to handle in town,only gripe is the lack of weather protection,but its a naked bike.

I am interested in the RT because of the full fairing and windscreen.also it looks to be easier for the pillion to get on and off,my wife has a knee problem and struggles to get on the R1200R at times.

That's why I could never consider a G.S..no doubt its a great bike, tho I have not rode one..

A friend of mine had a G.S,but changed it for the R1200R which he thinks is a better road bike than the G.S

Cheers Bob

Sounds like the RT is the one for you:jager

Back
Top Bottom