St Albans

DrPete

Reaction score
Possibly the wrong place to ask but...

I have to do jury service for a fortnight in St Albans. Not being familiar with the place, does anyone have any suggestions for a good place to leave the bike whilst I'm in court?

For the love of God, do not park it anywhere in the town centre, you will get a ticket. My folks live down there and I have seen the traffic wardens ticket all motorbikes parked in areas they deem 'verboten' for bikes. When my mum did jury service in St.Albans a motorcyclist got special permission to park up by the building during the course of the trial - perhaps you could do the same citing the parking issues?

Update

An update just in case anyone else ends up doing jury service in St Albans, Scythian was dead right - the court has a designated motorcycle parking shed round the back that security will point out for you. There are no ground anchors or locking points, but the bikes are out of the way and under cover.
If it's full, there's a designated bike parking area just past the magistrate's court entrance.

If you use any of the car parks you'll get charged the car day rate of £8 or £8.50.

Back
Top Bottom