Exmoor Explorer 4th-6th May 2012

If you are still looking for volunteers to lead a road ride I would be happy to do this on either the Saturday or Sunday. Living fairly close by, my wife and I regularly visit this area.

Here are a few taster photos - I'm sure some of you may recognise a few!

VDOGExmoor2010001Medium.jpg

VDOGExmoor2010009Medium.jpg

VDOGExmoor2010011Medium.jpg

VDOGExmoor2010022Medium.jpg

VDOGExmoor2010030Medium.jpg

VDOGExmoor2010032Medium.jpg

VDOGExmoor2010051Medium.jpg

VDOGExmoor2010066Medium.jpg

VDOGExmoor2010077Medium.jpg

VDOGExmoor2010081Medium.jpg

VDOGExmoor2010091Medium.jpg

VDOGExmoor2010105Medium.jpg

PS Hardstanding booked for the wobblybox. This is our first GSER weekend so please be gentle.

Just out of curiosity how many riders with pogos are coming ?

We (me, wife & sons) intend to both ride to the EE event and other GSer events with our sons pillion and partake in the organised road ride on Saturday perhaps or to the BMAD Festival in Paignton.
Alternatively, if the wife decides she doesn't want to ride to the EE event and drive instead, we will all travel in my old Defender 110 with my Husky TE 450 on my recently acquired "Easy Lifter" bike carrier - If this happens, I'll definitely be up for a Pogo ride! :bounce1 :D

So the bottom line is I don't know yet and probably won't know until the day or two before the start of the EE event - Women eh!! :blast :hide

Last edited:
Is there a place left on this outing? I live only 30 minutes ride from South Molton and would not need to camp if the campsite places are full. I would be riding a KTM 990 Adv with TKCs.

Is there a place left on this outing? I live only 30 minutes ride from South Molton and would not need to camp if the campsite places are full. I would be riding a KTM 990 Adv with TKCs.

Plenty of room as far as i'm aware, so will be good to see you. I'm also glad Jim's got the off road ride in a separate section, it keeps this main one decluttered.
Let's hope we get some Bank Holiday sunshine and not the usual downpour!:thumb

As this is a three nighter for those who have the whole BH weekend I'm thinking I will probably head out on Sunday as well, but rather than a second off road ride do a little road ride around Exmoor. Nothing exciting, just a loop of the moor (about 70 miles) taking in Dulverton, Exford, Porlock Weir, couple of toll roads and a pub lunch somewhere. No other details to follow and no need to commit to it until the weekend itself.

Is it ok to come on the Saturday for the of road ride and a social? Happy to make a donation to the organising costs....

Mine is a pogo of sorts ( xchallenge)

Ian

Back
Top Bottom