Importing Bike into Switzerland ?

flytoolow

Reaction score
Hi,

Im trying to import a bike (BMW 12C 2004 :toungincheek) that I bought in the UK into Switzerland.

..Paid the taxes, got the forms, and paid about 150 quid for the Certificate of European conformity...and this is where the problem starts...

The certificate that arrived came on a single sheet ( V nice too), BMW logos, metalic strip and all..

At the Bureau des Automobiles (DVLA to you lot?) the guy says there is a second sheet, and it is missing and that without it I will have to "re-export" the bike...after paying about 500 quid in taxes to get it in the country!

Ive returned to the local BMW dealer - and they dont understand what he is asking for - They say they have given me all the information they have. Seemingly it is a second sheet that seems to state the emmisions or some thing.

Anyone here know what "second sheet" it maybe and how I can get my hands on one ??? :nenau :nenau

I honestly dont know IF there is a second sheet, or this guy is just being a "jobs-worth" or what..Ive asked for a copy of the "required" missing information to at least tell me what is missing - and he wont give that to me.

Anyone out there had similar issues ?

...Its getting to the point where I just want to sell up and move back to blighty...:censor:

post on englishforum.ch there are many who have done the same and might be able to help.

when did you import the bike as you have 12 months to get it on swiss plates

...I was advised over the weekend not to try to importa bike in Hickville Switzerland and go directly to the main office in the Canton (i.e. Bern). So thats where Im off to tomorrow. Ill let y'all know how I get on...

£150 for a Certificate of Conformity :eek: Is it gold-plated?

Never cost me a penny, and I've imported 3 bikes into France!

Sorry, I know that's not helpful. Where did you send off to for your CofC? UK or Switzerland?

Back
Top Bottom