where to practise

aspiring

Reaction score
hi,can anyone tell me where i can practise enduro/trail riding in west yorkshire? i went to the tong practise day today but due to family commitments i didnt get there until 1.30pm and it was mega busy and seemed like a lot of riders were being quite competative.plus spectators arnt allowed around the track on practise days so i couldn"t get a look at the track and what i could see was heavily wooded,so i didnt fancy paying 25 quid for two hours of being barged into trees.basically i bottled it so im looking for somewhere a little less hectic.

hi,can anyone tell me where i can practise enduro/trail riding in west yorkshire? i went to the tong practise day today but due to family commitments i didnt get there until 1.30pm and it was mega busy and seemed like a lot of riders were being quite competative.plus spectators arnt allowed around the track on practise days so i couldn"t get a look at the track and what i could see was heavily wooded,so i didnt fancy paying 25 quid for two hours of being barged into trees.basically i bottled it so im looking for somewhere a little less hectic.

try this. http://www.basemotopark.co.uk/

Sounds like you need to speculate to accumulate.
http://www.i2imca.com/page3.htm
£90 with your own bike IIRC.
Will give you the skills and confidence to mix it up with others...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qVEnhxhGF8I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

firstly thanks for the replies,much appreciated.ive thought about joining the trf and this seems like my best option as the enduro season is coming to a close.ive checked the i2imca website and there isnt any dates on for off road at the moment.as for public track venues ive been looking at the doncaster motorpark and the fatcats track as nearest possible venues,even though by what i can see on the net these places seem more geared towards motocross than enduro.im eager to get into offroading but im a little hampered by having to ride to venues which causes me additional worries about breaking my bike,even a puncture would cause me problems at the moment as i dont even have a spare tube and levers.im working towards sorting these issues by getting stuff together,but after buying my bike,insuring it,buying riding kit and a recent 8 day road bike trip money is getting tight.anyway,enough of my whinning,hopefully ill be getting a tow bar for my car next week,and a trailer within the next couple of weeks.

firstly thanks for the replies,much appreciated.ive thought about joining the trf and this seems like my best option as the enduro season is coming to a close.ive checked the i2imca website and there isnt any dates on for off road at the moment.as for public track venues ive been looking at the doncaster motorpark and the fatcats track as nearest possible venues,even though by what i can see on the net these places seem more geared towards motocross than enduro.im eager to get into offroading but im a little hampered by having to ride to venues which causes me additional worries about breaking my bike,even a puncture would cause me problems at the moment as i dont even have a spare tube and levers.im working towards sorting these issues by getting stuff together,but after buying my bike,insuring it,buying riding kit and a recent 8 day road bike trip money is getting tight.anyway,enough of my whinning,hopefully ill be getting a tow bar for my car next week,and a trailer within the next couple of weeks.

If you like the look of i2i days, Burt Hughes (Burtieboy on here) is running a rally training weekend on 19/20 November. Drop him a PM or contact him via his website here.

Depending on what car/bike you've got you might get away with a Dave Cooper rack.:thumb2

ive checked the i2imca website and there isnt any dates on for off road at the moment..

email them.
Oddly they probably aren't still waiting for 2011 dates in October, but just haven't put them on the site.
They do days for clubs (TRF etc) too, and may have a "private" day they can squeeze you on sort notice too.

progress of a sort

just thought id give an update on the little progress that ive made.ive got a towbar and trailer plus a few spares.i bit the bullet and went to the tong practice day on 27th november.cant say it was the most enjoyable thing ive done on a bike but it was certainly a learnining experience.first i was pleasently surprised by how friendly and patient everyone was towards some complete knobber who turned up to have a lie down in the woods(me) while they were trying to ride bikes.secondly,i dont think mud and trees are the best enviroment for learning to ride enduro,open space with a smattering of traction would be good.anyway,hopng to get out again in the next couple of weeks just as soon as i can decide on where to go.

Back
Top Bottom