May end up cancelling the weekend.

abrasion

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm afraid i may end up having to cancel the weekend as the number of people booking is disapointing to say the least.

The b&b is normally closed at that time of year and was only opening if i filled all of the rooms.

As most of the people who expressed an interest in the rooms didnt want to camp that would leave us with just 10 people in total.

So if you do want to come could you please book as soon as possible.
I have decided on a closedown date of next sunday as i have to give a final decision to the b&b owner.

It will be a pity if it doesnt go ahead after last years success.

Cancellation

Great, what happens to my £60 quid I just sent off? I assume I'll get a refund?.
Dave GS

Calm down Dave.
Whatever happens i will make sure you are not out of pocket

I'm afraid i may end up having to cancel the weekend as the number of people booking is disapointing to say the least.

The b&b is normally closed at that time of year and was only opening if i filled all of the rooms.

As most of the people who expressed an interest in the rooms didnt want to camp that would leave us with just 10 people in total.

So if you do want to come could you please book as soon as possible.
I have decided on a closedown date of next sunday as i have to give a final decision to the b&b owner.

It will be a pity if it doesnt go ahead after last years success.

To be fair, I lost the will to live a bit with the rooms:blast

You posted rooms available and asked for interest, many of us including me replied requesting our requirement - so you could tailor the bookings and fill the B&B

We heard no more, despite requests to see what was happening

Then you absolved responsibility and stated to contact the B&B owner direct

So either you would have been been better to publish prices/rooms & to contact the B&B owner direct from Day 1 or sort it yourself .......................but not both

So, now I may camp :D

Thanks Jonny.
Glad you appreciate me trying to sort things out first.
I am sorry i didnt come up to everybodies standards.

I have rather a lot of other things going on here at present.

If that is how everybody feels i think i may well cancel the weekend anyway!

Fuck him, Chris !!!
The Johnny Boxer Twat has just had a week or so double bunked with Trippy, so expect "Negative Vibes":trippy
We're still up for it with the tin tent....:thumb2
:thumb2

Some twats on here have no idea just how much work goes into setting up an event :(

OR how much you have to lay out initially, let alone the time it takes...

Chris - hoping to be there, but can't be sure until the week before. Not sure what's happening with my lack of work at the moment, and that has an impact on paying for dog care etc.

In the week before the Cotswold carry-on I had an additional 30 people register. You included IIRC. These things are often last minute.

Don't lose heart - it'll be OK.

Thanks Jonny.
Glad you appreciate me trying to sort things out first.
I am sorry i didnt come up to everybodies standards.

I have rather a lot of other things going on here at present.

If that is how everybody feels i think i may well cancel the weekend anyway!

Sorry Chris - please accept my apologies, it wasn't directed at you personally, had no idea what else is going on in your life...................just thought perhaps it would have been easier for all to announce.............here's a B&B nearby, there's the contact no. & email and away you go.........make your own bookings and you could have monitored uptake with the landlady directly....... in the background

Fuck him, Chris !!!
The Johnny Boxer Twat has just had a week or so double bunked with Trippy, so expect "Negative Vibes":trippy
We're still up for it with the tin tent....:thumb2
:thumb2

Some twats on here have no idea just how much work goes into setting up an event :(

OR how much you have to lay out initially, let alone the time it takes...

Proff, your rudeness and negativity knows no bounds and impresses no-one, so please refrain from personal insults because it only shows you for what you are:blast

Spending a week's holiday with Trippy and 10 others has no bearing on my comments, my personality...................I am my own man, so please don't 'tar' me with your own views on Trippy

Going back to my original comments, I have had little success in securing a room because I hadn't a clue what was going on and had received no confirmation on the thread

Hence I've reverted to camping along with you, Proff in a 'tin-tent'...............so we're no different, old fella and it certainly doesn't mean that I wasn't attending....................merely not doing B&B now, due to the lack of B&B info

See you all at the Welland 'do':thumb

Hiya Dan

Wouldnt normally be bothered but i need all of the rooms booked in the b&b for her to open for us.

Not botherd if it is a small "do" just want to make sure the people who are helping us out dont get left high and dry.

Had a surge of bookings last year for camping, not such a problem but is helpfull to give debra the landlady some idea how many so she can plan drink/food/staff.

Hiya Dan

Wouldnt normally be bothered but i need all of the rooms booked in the b&b for her to open for us.

Not botherd if it is a small "do" just want to make sure the people who are helping us out dont get left high and dry.

Had a surge of bookings last year for camping, not such a problem but is helpfull to give debra the landlady some idea how many so she can plan drink/food/staff.

Just spoken to Theresa and she sorted me a room now:thumb

Hi Chris - nice to meet you both on Saturday. Looks like the interest in the Welland weekend waned a little but hopefully it will pick up again now....

Sadly, I'm back to square 1 looking for a room mate as Scythian cannot confirm until almost the last minute but the b&b naturally want full payment asap for the whole room (£80 per night). I can't pay that for a room on my own.

Hi Chris - nice to meet you both on Saturday. Looks like the interest in the Welland weekend waned a little but hopefully it will pick up again now....

Sadly, I'm back to square 1 looking for a room mate as Scythian cannot confirm until almost the last minute but the b&b naturally want full payment asap for the whole room (£80 per night). I can't pay that for a room on my own.

Share with the fella's in the 4 bedder and ask the landlady for a screen to protect your modesty:augie

Welland

Chris - hoping to be there, but can't be sure until the week before. Not sure what's happening with my lack of work at the moment, and that has an impact on paying for dog care etc.

In the week before the Cotswold carry-on I had an additional 30 people register. You included IIRC. These things are often last minute.

Don't lose heart - it'll be OK.

:hide
It is just the apathy in the West mids:blast
A right load of ****ers:eek:

I hope this isn't cancelled because this morning, before I read this thread, I postponed another appointment, and will be a tad peeved if I have to wait eleven days to catch up.

Anyway, I'm booked for camping but will, as will another I spoke to today, take the B&B option to help ensure this weekends' fun takes place. :thumb

Please let us know on Sunday please because I'll be wanting to order my Antarctic sleeping bag and ensure delivery before departure. :rob

I hope this isn't cancelled because this morning, before I read this thread, I postponed another appointment, and will be a tad peeved if I have to wait eleven days to catch up.

Anyway, I'm booked for camping but will, as will another I spoke to today, take the B&B option to help ensure this weekends' fun takes place. :thumb

Please let us know on Sunday please because I'll be wanting to order my Antarctic sleeping bag and ensure delivery before departure. :rob

As things have quietened down here a little bit i will keep the threads up to date daily:thumb

Back
Top Bottom