'Fake' Bike Cop - Brecon

mort77uk

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Over the weekend I was in Brecon, came up behind what looked like a Bike Cop - but it was one of those wannabe types - White BMW, Hi-Viz Jacket, Chequered stripes, White helmet etc. slowing everything down :nenau

Never seen him before - anyone else seen him around? I've read that there's a bloke like this in Southern England (?) - perhaps he's on holiday!

Unfortunately there are a few of these dickheads about. I believe that a few Pan European riders even have 'Polite' on their dayglo bibs :blast

Sure it wasn't a blood bike?

Mind you he might also argue that reason he is wearing high-viz and has his bike marked is to make him visable to other road users, like a police bike is. The same excuse I believe alot of GS riders use to justify having numerous spot, fog lights and HID's on in broad daylight.

Over the weekend I was in Brecon, came up behind what looked like a Bike Cop - but it was one of those wannabe types - White BMW, Hi-Viz Jacket, Chequered stripes, White helmet etc. slowing everything down :nenau

Never seen him before - anyone else seen him around? I've read that there's a bloke like this in Southern England (?) - perhaps he's on holiday!

I was up around Llandovery on Sunday and there were about 3 police bikes out patrolling around.

Talking to one of the locals at the Westend and he said that there had been 5 fatalities recently hense the show of force.

However due to the wet start the roads were quiet.

Perhaps you were a victim of that guy from Portsmouth :D

Well, if he's pissing you off, drop back, slow down a bit, dump the clutch and go wheelying past him with middle finger extended. If he does nowt then hes a wannabe. If he nicks you, all you have to do is explain slowly so that you dont confuse him, "I'm so sorry officer i thought you were a wannabe replica cuntstable"

OR you could recognise that this isnt a police state,(YET) and that generally people can wear whatever they like on their bikes, and they can also have a white one if they so choose. I've got one of those jackets and I wear it BECAUSE it makes people look twice who under normal cardriving myopic conditions would not give you a second or sometimes even a FIRST look.

be safe be seen, er so im told....

OK OK I got the message.

I'll get me coat:comfort

I believe that a few Pan European riders even have 'Polite' on their dayglo bibs :blast

met one of with old white ST11 a few years ago and had white helmet, with dangly lead and plug (into his pocket) plus some dayglo sticky in the right places.. tuned out .. was a 'local' IAM member and a truly sad character :tosser

I know a guy in Southampton who's got a white st1300, with a white flip up with mic and ex copper flou jacket, black leather trousers etc. Apparently, traffic clears for him like Moses parting the waves.

I know a guy in Southampton who's got a white st1300, with a white flip up with mic and ex copper flou jacket, black leather trousers etc. Apparently, traffic clears for him like Moses parting the waves.

next time you see him, tell him he's a ****.

Unfortunately there are a few of these dickheads about. I believe that a few Pan European riders even have 'Polite' on their dayglo bibs :blast

Saw a bloody horse rider with that on her/his back with loads of dayglo on the horse and rider...the instant giveaway was that some of the dayglo was pink :rolleyes: Don't know what they're trying to prove really, just makes 'em look stupid in my book.

That image brings back a few memories.......:rolleyes:

Saw a bloody horse rider with that on her/his back with loads of dayglo on the horse and rider...the instant giveaway was that some of the dayglo was pink :rolleyes: Don't know what they're trying to prove really, just makes 'em look stupid in my book.

do you really need it explained to you,half a ton of slow moving horse,car-bike speeding round corner,

like a lot of people on here no regard for what others choose to do so they must be stupid.

and yes wifey rides as do my daughters.

do you really need it explained to you,half a ton of slow moving horse,car-bike speeding round corner,

like a lot of people on here no regard for what others choose to do so they must be stupid.

and yes wifey rides as do my daughters.

I may never have had or ridden a horse but I have lived in the countryside 90% of my life surrounded by horse riders and agree whole heartedly that yes horses need to be easy to see if they are using the public highway.
What I was getting at was they're need to dress up to all intents and purposes as a police horse/motorcycle rider. The dayglo on the horse was of the chequered type used by the police and the blue bib the rider was wearing (not reflective) had a sentence in 1" high letters finishing in the word POLITE in 4" high letters which struck me as if the rider were trying to be something other than the usual run of the mill horse rider.
Hope this helps :D

now i didnt realise it was the horse rider who was pertainng to be police,i agree that is not on really,but she may have had a close encounter and is now scared stiff of being hit.horses can be a pain if not in control but there are plenty of out of control bikes and cars as well:rob

I imagine there is very little in his life, Bless :blast

I may never have had or ridden a horse but I have lived in the countryside 90% of my life surrounded by horse riders and agree whole heartedly that yes horses need to be easy to see if they are using the public highway.
What I was getting at was they're need to dress up to all intents and purposes as a police horse/motorcycle rider. The dayglo on the horse was of the chequered type used by the police and the blue bib the rider was wearing (not reflective) had a sentence in 1" high letters finishing in the word POLITE in 4" high letters which struck me as if the rider were trying to be something other than the usual run of the mill horse rider.
Hope this helps :D

My wife owns horses and she has been sent the brochures for all this "polite" clothing to make both the horse and the rider look like Police. I was amazed by it as it looks to me like a clear case of impersonating a police officer which I thought was an offense? The company even admits to the deliberate confusion in its marketing and makes a big play that it makes the rider look like a police officer.

Back
Top Bottom