Husqvarna 630TE, any experiences?

Timpo

North Wales TRF
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
OK, I've heard some good vibes in the trail bike world about this big bore thumper..... have you any experiences you could add?
I see Sgt Bilco had one on this year's TAT.....

Timpo.

te-630-2055971.jpg

Some very good deals on them

Exactly, some very good deals.
The bike does not come across as a racer, but a mild mannered trail bike with travel potential.
OK, a quick scoot around www.advrider.com has given a few good tales, and then i found a picture of rear subframe failure. But, some people travel with way too much stuff..... and the pics of the failed bike looks as though it has had extra fuel cells mounted to the rear rack/subframe.
Aqualine are doing a long range tank and i guess it won't be long before Clarke or Acerbis do a unit to suit.....:thumb2

T.

I like the look of that too!

It could a great bike to complement my 'lard arsed' GSA and it's something a wee bit different aswell!

FP.:thumb

If you recall you had one on that very enjoyable ride you led in N Wales earlier this year.:thumb2 I have done several events since then and have really started to enjoy the bike, now that I have made a few adjustments.

One of the events I did was the big bike challenge in the Kielder Forrest where I met Craig Bounds who has just changed his ride to a TE, he was seriously impressed with the bike and went on to win the event outright, despite breaking his rear disc on a rock and running without rear brakes on Sunday (mind you he is that good he would probably still win on a push bike).

Mine has not missed a beat and I hope to do more Big Bike Challenge events http://bigbikerallychallenge.co.uk/ next year.

John.

Yes, it could be a racer, and i'm sure the marketing guys will want Bounds on one winning the rallies..... but with a long range tank, pannier frames and a small fairing, the bike could be a nice replacemt for the x-challenge, without venturing orange to the 690eR.....:barf

Very similar to the 690 to ride but not as quick , get the resistor ( ithink thats what they changed) of the 250/310 fitted and it stops the snatchy throttle reponse low down most dealers know this mod now ,would be my second chioce after the orange machine though .
Side stand is sh*t ,plastics may be expensive to replace but good allround bike

Craig Bounds has won the Cambrian & Beacons Rally on one of these (but he would probably win on a C90 with knobblies). Good bikes by all accounts - not many out on the trails yet though. There is an article in TBM this month comparing this to a KTM 690 with a full breakdown on the differences between the two bikes.

OK, I've heard some good vibes in the trail bike world about this big bore thumper..... have you any experiences you could add?

Timpo.

te-630-2055971.jpg

Mad Mikey Murdoch had it on the TAT and it was a brilliant bike. Completly reliable and it seemed to handle everything thrown at it and Mike threw a lot of American dirt at it:augie

I'd be very tempted if I had the money and didn't have my 640ADV:thumb

Hi Timpo ive just come back from 3 days in Normandy riding fast lanes and gravel trails on my te630. I was with 2 DRZ 400's, a DR Big 800, 3 KTM 690's.
I can honestly say that throughout the 3 days i wouldn't have wanted to be on any other bike but my Husky. It was fast, light, responsive and one to please you, not orange. Im not anti orange ive had a few and i would have thought the 690 the superior bike but not now. Husky for me but it needs the exhaust, air box mods. I love it.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

i managed to lag one for the 2011 dawn til dusk big trailly night stage and it carried my lardy arse all the way to fifth overall for that event!!

its a great bike that will soak up almost anything you throw at it!!

one thing to remember is on all the huskys , valve clearances are critical and not checking will cause you sleepless nights wondering why it dont run right(experience) ... so also remember they will not be making these anymore as they are launching a 650.. so a tidy deal to be had!!!

Hi Timpo ive just come back from 3 days in Normandy riding fast lanes and gravel trails on my te630. I was with 2 DRZ 400's, a DR Big 800, 3 KTM 690's.
I can honestly say that throughout the 3 days i wouldn't have wanted to be on any other bike but my Husky. It was fast, light, responsive and one to please you, not orange. Im not anti orange ive had a few and i would have thought the 690 the superior bike but not now. Husky for me but it needs the exhaust, air box mods. I love it.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
Hi what air box did you do any photos ?

Back
Top Bottom