RIP MARCO

rip

rest in peace marco a talent and a young life gone

RIP Marco.
A very sad day an the MotoGP paddock will be a much much poorer place without his youthful presence.

Really shocking, he was getting to grips in the Moto GP and looked to have great promise. Enjoyed following his career and he will be missed.

Marco Simoncelli, may he Rest in Peace

Marco was one of the better guys, determined and with a degree of personality that made him very like-able in a sport led by considerably less interesting personalities, lacking his engaged attitude and style. I was a "fan" of Marco's, there was just something about him. His talent was not in doubt and I felt he would be world champion in MotoGP in a short time. Some of the recent criticisms of Marco's riding style, particularly this year, were in my view, self serving and unfair, but that said I would be the first to agree that he occasionally made the wrong judgment call, his "turn in" on Dani being an obvious one. He was fantastic in Philip island against Dovi. Watching the accident it was clear it was horrific. With absolutely no movement apparent immediately post accident and judging by the tone of BBC commentators, you could only fear the worst. . You would have to feel also for his fellow riders but especially Colin Edwards and Rossi who ironically have been strong supporters of Marco and his notionally controversial riding style. He will be sadly missed from a sport, Moto GP which has enjoyed such a good safety record in recent years.
The medical doctor who spoke at the press conference immediately after the announcement that Marco was dead prefaced his remarks by stating he was a friend of Marco's, I have no doubt he had many friends around the paddock and in sport and life generally. I understand his Dad was at the medical centre when he was pronounced. I will miss his Sideshow Bob hair do but more especially I will miss a great rider who carried the emotion of the struggle that is the control of a Moto GP beast on his sleeve. Safe riding. http://www.marcosimoncelli.it/

The loss of not only a talent, but also a great character, and one of the few riders on the planet capable of winning a MotoGP race, a sad loss in so many ways to motorcycle racing and obviously an even bigger loss to his firends and family.

RIP Marco

bad loss , his type are few in the moto gp world, some one who can stir up some of the more stuck up riders and bring a bit of passion into the gp circus. Sorry to se him go . RIP

I saw it live and with the loss of the lid and lack of movement, I suspected immediately that it was fatal - so much so that I turned off and went away from the TV for 10minutes. I loved his style - not gainly by any means, all knees and elbows. He shouldn't have been as good a rider given his stature, but he had the know-how and devil-may-care determination to win, and I loved his Championship win in 250s - I think I saw all the races and loved the way he came from behind that year. I cheered him on from the safety of my armchair while he put it all on the line to entertain, and that he did - in spades.

MotoGP needs characters and Marco certainly was one - I hoped he would have a long career and take over from Rossi as the tifosi's darling.....not to be now, sadly.

RIP

some times i would love to be able to hate this sport but it is in the DNA

so sorry to hear this news RIP Marco

Back
Top Bottom