***Please Note*** you can not create threads directly in this section. This section is made up of threads that have been moved here from other areas of the site

View Poll Results: Have you

Voters
270. You may not vote on this poll
  • Removed your Cat Code Plug

31 11.48%
  • Left the plug in place

63 23.33%
  • Never had one

63 23.33%
  • What is a cat code plug

113 41.85%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: cat code plug (AKA STEPTOE's LINK)

What a waste. Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    What is it with people -Just try it see , if it works it works, if doesn't it's cost you nothing

I've never worked out why people can't think for themselves over something so so simple. .
    All your BMW servicing needs at the .gsshop.biz, including 1200 models

Recommended as an "excellent independant" in Ride magazine 2009.

I thought the point of the forum was to share knowledge for the benefit of all?

If somebody has a good solution I would sooner try that first and see if it also suits me.

What a waste. Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocool View Post
    I thought the point of the forum was to share knowledge for the benefit of all?

If somebody has a good solution I would sooner try that first and see if it also suits me.
    It is shared, and posted up, with lots of peoples experiences, but people still post asking the same silly question , and as i keep on posting, "just fecking try it for gods sake, it won't do any harm and costs nothing, it may improve your bike it may not" .

How simple does it have to be.
    All your BMW servicing needs at the .gsshop.biz, including 1200 models

Recommended as an "excellent independant" in Ride magazine 2009.

TC2
    For info....My 1150GS originated from Sydney Aus and has no plug. I have used the 'steptoe' mod since having unbearable backfiring after fitting a Carbon Can end and 'y' piece. It got a lot better. Still pops a bit but next on the list is a K&N and some fancy dan plugs.

TC2
    K&N and new plugs made slight diference, still pops occasionally. I've used the wiring link as per the photo near the begining, but the open relay plug is numbered from 1 to 9 ie 123 at front, 456 along middle and 789 at the rear. There are only 4 pins wired, off the top of my head, the wired ones are 2,5,6 and 8. So as per photo, my link is in 5 & 6.
    Wonder what the other combinations do??

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Thanks Steptoe
    just found this thread and I have a Y piece and Sebring Can, just did your pic mod for Y and Remus and it's pullin like a teanager with a new copy of Razzle magic
    No poppin now either great stuff many thanks. Steppers
    "Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia": The fear of long words... How ironic!

notanotherbike
    Y-piece, Remus & baffle, K&N, Champion Eon 2 plugs = Bag of spanners!

I went looking after reading about CCP's & found a Yellow CCP....

So i've pulled it & fitted a Steptoe Link in 5-6, will rebuild bike over this week so i'll let you know how it goes.

What's a yellow ccp ?

Nab.

1100 Rider Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Just fitted a Laser exhaust to my 1100 and pulled the beige CCP, bikes running fine so far has anyone tried the jumper on an 1100?
    Stewart
    Old Stew
    Canbus fluid degausser hire PM me .
    You cant "Dust" for vomit

Y piece, Remus, K&N filter, Steptoe mod, no pops and bike pulls great.

notanotherbike
    That sounds good news, Cannot wait to get it rebuilt & try it.....

Been looking at this thread a few times...I have an standard 1150 with cat and stubby...no silencer...looks like previous owner has tried this mod out (presumably) as there is a 2inch wire with spade connectors on which is just taped to the top of the fuse box...does anyone know if there is a specific setting for a bike with cat but no silencer?

I've tried running it in positions 5 & 6 with no discernable change in performance...I know it works on some bikes but not all so any advice is welcome.

Thanks,
    Phil

New Member (less than 15 Posts)
    I just bought a used 2002 GSA. It's fitted with a custom air intake, K&N, Y-piece and Remus. Had problems with low mpg and some backfire untill I tried Steptoes mod. There was a yellow CCP before. Bike now gets better mpg and runs smoother. Thanks!

Toubab Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Bumped as moved, and many may not have seen it
    सत्यमेव जयते

Cat Code Plug

Did this tonight. Just noticed it

Running a '02 1150gs, y piece and remus titanium revolution.
    Removed the plug already there, connecting 2 and 6 I think.
    Bit of wire, Two spades............2mins, done.
    A lot less farting and spitting on the over-run, and no surging on a constant throttle (partic noticeable at low speed eg in town). Dare say the mpg will increase also.

So thanks Steptoe, another great tip.

Quote Originally Posted by gbpot View Post
    Did this tonight. Just noticed it

Running a '02 1150gs, y piece and remus titanium revolution.
    Removed the plug already there, connecting 2 and 6 I think.
    Bit of wire, Two spades............2mins, done.
    A lot less farting and spitting on the over-run, and no surging on a constant throttle (partic noticeable at low speed eg in town). Dare say the mpg will increase also.

So thanks Steptoe, another great tip.

And mpg has gone from 39.3 to 46.4............ a bit more like it should be.

Cat Code plug

Removed the "plug", not great gas mileage(low40's) but it really runs well with no flat spots. I'll live with the milage. 98 1100,y-piece, lambda,Remus

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast