Votes: 15 8.6%
  • Left the plug in place

Votes: 41 23.4%
  • Never had one

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • What is a cat code plug

Votes: 73 41.7%

• Total voters
You cant use this as a datum for your own bike, but as I havnt seen anyone's dyno charts re this CCP mod and changes to the system in general. I thought Id pitch in with some data.

GS1100R.. Remus revolution (with legal insert silencer), stock filter and light brown CCP, no cat bike as standard (hence the CCP)

Ran brill, no surge or hunting, slightly over fuelling.

Installed K&N today.... ran awful, surged, hunted, poped and banged on overun

Remove CCP, Reset motronic, Then pulled some runs.. perfect.

F/A rich 14.2 at 2k, is a little lean at 3k, cock on at 5k, leans at top... nothing worse than 11.8:1

No chip, no pc...

77.1 bhp

Just for kicks took a look at stock pipe with stock filter & CCP in...... 76.6bhp.. ran perfect, same profile. just lower af peaks and troughs

Pipe and k&n on a GS.... runs awful with CCP in

One things for sure, Remus's are as restrictive as stock...

cheers Toaster

but as I havnt seen anyone's dyno charts re this CCP mod and changes to the system in general.

There are some dyno stats for the mod on the forum. Try a search.

The general gist if it was, as far as i can remember - it tested as a bit more mid-range, but losing out at the very top end. And a slightly richer mixture in the midrange as well.

1150 Cat code plug

I have just read the thread about linking up connections 5 and 6 on the cat code plug.
I have only recently bought my 1999 1150GS and it came with a Y piece and a Remus and also a Techlusion black box fitted. It seems to be running OK, however since this is my first GS, then I have nothing to compare it against.
I was wondering whether I should try the cat code mod, or does the techlusion black box mean that I don't need to do this. I am just afraid that I might do some damage.

Any thoughts or advice?

sorry to drag up a old thread....

my GS is without plug at the moment, not sure where it went, of if it was ever present.

but for the less intelligent folk could I just clarify.... particularily Steptoe if possible....

pins 5 and 0 jumpered would be best for y peice and OE exhaust?

and....

pine 5 and 6 jumpered would be best for y peice and after market slip on exhaust?

What is it with people -Just try it see , if it works it works, if doesn't it's cost you nothing :nenau

I've never worked out why people can't think for themselves over something so so simple. .

I thought the point of the forum was to share knowledge for the benefit of all?

If somebody has a good solution I would sooner try that first and see if it also suits me.

I thought the point of the forum was to share knowledge for the benefit of all?

If somebody has a good solution I would sooner try that first and see if it also suits me.

It is shared, and posted up, with lots of peoples experiences, but people still post asking the same silly question , and as i keep on posting, "just fecking try it for gods sake, it won't do any harm and costs nothing, it may improve your bike it may not" .

How simple does it have to be.

For info....My 1150GS originated from Sydney Aus and has no plug. I have used the 'steptoe' mod since having unbearable backfiring after fitting a Carbon Can end and 'y' piece. It got a lot better. Still pops a bit but next on the list is a K&N and some fancy dan plugs.

K&N and new plugs made slight diference, still pops occasionally. I've used the wiring link as per the photo near the begining, but the open relay plug is numbered from 1 to 9 ie 123 at front, 456 along middle and 789 at the rear. There are only 4 pins wired, off the top of my head, the wired ones are 2,5,6 and 8. So as per photo, my link is in 5 & 6.
Wonder what the other combinations do??

Thanks Steptoe
just found this thread and I have a Y piece and Sebring Can, just did your pic mod for Y and Remus and it's pullin like a teanager with a new copy of Razzle magic:thumb2
No poppin now either great stuff many thanks. Steppers:thumb2:thumb2:thumb2:thumb2

Y-piece, Remus & baffle, K&N, Champion Eon 2 plugs = Bag of spanners!

I went looking after reading about CCP's & found a Yellow CCP.... :eek:

So i've pulled it & fitted a Steptoe Link in 5-6, will rebuild bike over this week so i'll let you know how it goes.

What's a yellow ccp ? :blast

Nab.

Just fitted a Laser exhaust to my 1100 and pulled the beige CCP, bikes running fine so far has anyone tried the jumper on an 1100?
Stewart

That sounds good news, Cannot wait to get it rebuilt & try it.....

Been looking at this thread a few times...I have an standard 1150 with cat and stubby...no silencer...looks like previous owner has tried this mod out (presumably) as there is a 2inch wire with spade connectors on which is just taped to the top of the fuse box...does anyone know if there is a specific setting for a bike with cat but no silencer?

I've tried running it in positions 5 & 6 with no discernable change in performance:nenau...I know it works on some bikes but not all so any advice is welcome.

Thanks,
Phil

I just bought a used 2002 GSA. It's fitted with a custom air intake, K&N, Y-piece and Remus. Had problems with low mpg and some backfire untill I tried Steptoes mod. There was a yellow CCP before. Bike now gets better mpg and runs smoother. Thanks!

Cat Code Plug

Did this tonight. Just noticed it:augie

Running a '02 1150gs, y piece and remus titanium revolution.
Removed the plug already there, connecting 2 and 6 I think.
Bit of wire, Two spades............2mins, done.
A lot less farting and spitting on the over-run, and no surging on a constant throttle (partic noticeable at low speed eg in town). Dare say the mpg will increase also.

So thanks Steptoe, another great tip.:thumb2

Did this tonight. Just noticed it:augie

Running a '02 1150gs, y piece and remus titanium revolution.
Removed the plug already there, connecting 2 and 6 I think.
Bit of wire, Two spades............2mins, done.
A lot less farting and spitting on the over-run, and no surging on a constant throttle (partic noticeable at low speed eg in town). Dare say the mpg will increase also.

So thanks Steptoe, another great tip.:thumb2

And mpg has gone from 39.3 to 46.4............ a bit more like it should be.:)

Cat Code plug

Removed the "plug", not great gas mileage(low40's) but it really runs well with no flat spots. I'll live with the milage. 98 1100,y-piece, lambda,Remus

Back
Top Bottom