• Left the plug in place

Votes: 41 23.4%
  • Never had one

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • What is a cat code plug

Votes: 73 41.7%

• Total voters
StooL said:
There's never been a CCP in my 2000 1150GS. I fitted a y-piece and Remus Revolution and duly holed a piston 2000 miles later. Fixed the bike, got it dyno'd and found it was running dangerously lean, mostly in top gear between 60 and 80mph.

kind of wish i'd never read that :eek:

anyone know of a dyno facility dahn sarf that can monitor fuelling? the one in bournemouth can't do it.

StooL said:
Like the idea of Steptoes fix, I think I could just about afford it but I'd like some answers to the above first.

CCP link for sale, black with red crimps, much faster than yellow with blue ;) hand crafted by expert ex MOD wireman, can post pic if anyone's interested. POA :D

now bought tfi box after speaking to TTS (no vested interest there then :rolleyes: )

better skint than very skint.

I have y-pice and lambda sensor but i haven`t never seen cat in my bike... :rolleyes:

.. sensor is there only for cheking if bike runs lean or rich...

Antti said:
I have y-pice and lambda sensor but i haven`t never seen cat in my bike... :rolleyes:

Never mind Antti, you can now have hours, or months in your case, to look at your bike to see what it has or hasnt got.

C'mon then Neil, what does your mod do?

By the way, no cat code plug on my 2000 1150

:)

I'd still like to know about your surging fix.....;)

Are we talking about removing this plug from bikes with Y pieces and road legal Remus cans or 'race' cans or both? Mines relatively recently had a Y piece and road legal can and yes it pinks under load. From what I've read here it sounds like I should be taking the plug out (It's still in) and possibly trying out Steptoe's mod. It'll give me something to do tonight anyway.

I have just fitted a Remus Y and Revolution road legal can to my 2003 1150 twin spark.

There was no CCP in the bike.

Bike felt lean at low revs; I've fitted Steptoe's link (a paperclip - I was in France) and the lean-ness has gone, but so has the top-end. Got 55mpg though.

Now I'm worried AND confused - stories about holed pistons get my attention every time.

Downpipes are a lovely blue - more worry.

So, I ask --

1. Where in all this can I get a definitive guide on do's and don'ts - (I've tried searching the forums)?
2. Can anyone suggest a reasonably priced dyno service near Northampton?
3. Would fitting the standard can (keeping the Y) help?

The bike is transformed by the Y and can - although it's vibe-y at exactly 80mph but smooth at 90 (officer).

Any help appreciated

Andysdad

O.K!
Done it.

As I removed the silencer and left just the cat with a short pipe to stop swmbo's feet melting. I was a bit worried at running lean due to the total lack of back pressure, as the cat doesnt seem to restrictive on its own.

So I have binned my yellow CCP (as I understand it is to make the bike fly through EEC emission regs by making the bike run lean)* and done the ... Steptoe performance mod(patent pending);) .
DSCF1387.jpg

Result?.............It goes like stink! The engine spins up much cleaner. Checked the plugs and it isn't running lean now.

Well impressed!

* I Stand to be corrected,

Come on then, one of you boffins give us knowledge. Do I simply pull out the relay thing (Cat Code Plug CCP) and fit the shorting link. My 02 Single Plug (each side!) has a y-piece and remus revolution (baffle out). Will this cure the fact that it sometimes cuts out after a long blast when slowing down, and stop the engine popping and spitting? Will it cause problems with the engine running to lean or rich?
I am keen to try it, but dont want to bugger anything up!

The different coding plugs merely access a number of fuelling maps in the Motronic memory.
As all engines are assembled from parts having been made to a tolerance,there will be engines that are built closer to the optimum and hence perform better than others,therefore some engines will be on the limit of any manufacturer selected fuelling map,(biased towards richness or leanness).
For some bikes,the 'Steptoe link' will move the fuelling further towards that which the engine requires,for others it won't,plus the variables of modifications made complicate matters further.
The only way to optimise settings properly is to try every link on the dyno,quantifying air/fuel ratios throughout.
You may be fortunate and find a standard map which works acceptably throughout the range,after your pipe/silencer etc mods,or if not,you may have to use a Techlusion or similar for fine tuning.
The reason there is not one answer for all the 1150's or 1100's is because of the variables of production tolerances and modifications.
The modified link may work better for MOST bikes,but certainly not for ALL bikes.

Back
Top Bottom