Votes: 15 8.6%
  • Left the plug in place

Votes: 41 23.4%
  • Never had one

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • What is a cat code plug

Votes: 73 41.7%

• Total voters
Sounds logical, I guess the safe bet is to spend some time on a dyno armed with a shorting link then.

code plug removal...

Well I'll be buggered...I've been on this site for two days,found this thread and totally transformed my bike!...always thought it was my bad throttle control!!
Nice one mate..(I managed it with an inch of wire!)

Last night I applied Steptoes 'fix'

Just to make sure, I used blue terminals and yellow wire.

Although I have been told that using red wire and blue terminals will squeeze another 3hp out of it

Droopy Dick said:
So, looking at the picture that Steptoe supplied, can I be assured that the link is between pins 5 and 6?

I.E. there are 9 pins, 1-2, 4-6, 7-9 arranged in 3s.

Droopy...that assumes you have Steptoe's pic the right way up, and more importantly, the base for the relay was in the same rotational position as in his pic.

Don't assume either...go for the pin numbers instead....as listed in the threads already.

Droopy Dick said:
So, looking at the picture that Steptoe supplied, can I be assured that the link is between pins 5 and 6?

I.E. there are 9 pins, 1-2, 4-6, 7-9 arranged in 3s.

for fecks sake - you can see the fuses in the picture.

why are you having trouble ??????????

Steptoe said:
it codes the engine for running with a can, and without a cat, its the stage 3 setting for a BB chip, but does the same thing without the chip

Hi Steptoe,
Is that with the Lambda or without, or doesn't it
matter?
Thanks

gsmoose said:
Hi Steptoe,
Is that with the Lambda or without, or doesn't it
matter?
Thanks

it's for the 1150 ( which allhave lambda probes , although i've seen a few with it removed ? ) -

Many thanks Steptoe,
Can you recommend a setting for no cat, OE can?

Hi guys,

Have yet to do an introduction but I was referred here by the ADVrider forum because of '04 idle and surging/acceleration problems. I just came back from a 10 mile test ride after doing the "steptoe mod" and the bike has not felt this good for 9000 miles. Do I need to reset the motronic? I may as well. Am gonna reset, resynch and ride for a few hours tonight..if this works, steptoe you are a bloody genius but I'm gonna tell everyone over here it was my idea.

Cheers!
Mike

I've also removed the end can and kept the CAT. Bike had minimal surging but was snatchy at low speeds with plug. Removed plug and fuel consumption went up, performance was crap and my panniers got covered in carbon. Just did the Steptoe mod, performance same but engine is very smooth and spins nicely. Lost a little top end however where it is leaning out. Get's my vote.

Is there a chance of damaging the engine when trying the steptoe mod?
I run a Ypiece and the OE can but I am suffering low mileage. I don't have and never had any CCP. Bike's a 1150 GSA twin spark.

If I read about burnt valves and holed pistons...:eek:

Tnx for your advice all

Cheers

T

I've just done the steptoe mod ...

As he was right about my lights and the "Fuse 3" problem it semed like a good idea...

Can I assume that the bike just resets itself to the new "code" or do you have to press and twiddle things randomly to get it work ?

this is the same as the relay you get, your only paying for the box !

this is plugged in to run a Y piece, and remus .
HI steptoe, ive got a 2004 gsa 1150 running std exh and cat thingy.just checked your piccy and my cat code plug hole is empty.
But ive just bought a remus y piece and revolution silencer, so i will use your linky thingy piccy and make up a wire link.thanks for the info.
Paul

CCP pin numbers

2003 1150adv , pin numbers on the relay board are 5 & 6 for the same positions as Steptoe's photo (stated originally as 5 & 0), possibly numbered differently over the years. :D

Back
Top Bottom