The new Triumph 1200

In the wet sump of course:D The difference is that apart from the alternator perched on top of the crankcases there is bugger all above the arc of the crankthrow on a boxer engine. With the Triumph it's a very different story. Rods, pistons, cylinder block, cylinder head, camshaft x 2, valves/springs x 12 and the coolant to keep it all functioning.

Nope .... I still don't get your point? :nenau

Hole any crankcase and continue to drive/ride and your engine will be fecked big time in no time. The only way to assist in preventing this happen is with a sturdy sump guard and even then there's no guarantee :augie

That's for the road version. They haven't announced an off road GSA alternative yet, but at this rate it will be knocking on for 300kg.:eek:

Will it? A 35 litre plastic fuel tank with no fuel in it will not weigh an awful lot more than a 20 litre tank and how much heavier are spoked wheels over cast ones? :nenau

Will it? A 35 litre plastic fuel tank with no fuel in it will not weigh an awful lot more than a 20 litre tank and how much heavier are spoked wheels over cast ones? :nenau

Ask BMW, as the GSA is 27kg more than the normal GS wet.:rob Triumph may have worked out a way of making an off road version weigh the same as their road version, but I'll believe it when I see it.:blagblah

My 1150GS is starting to look light compared with the late crop of Adventure bikes. The way that weight's are going the biggest adventure will be getting a "fully fuelled and loaded for camping tour" bike off it's side stand:augie

The weight of an extra 15 litres of fuel will add 11kg on its own. I think the spoked wheels will add about 2-3kg over the cast ones.

Ask BMW, as the GSA is 27kg more than the normal GS wet.:rob Triumph may have worked out a way of making an off road version weigh the same as their road version, but I'll believe it when I see it.:blagblah

So that's a 27kg difference between the GS & GSA and not a possible 44kg difference between the 'Explorer' and a bike Triumph haven't actually built yet?

We shall have to wait and see :augie

Where does the extra weight come from on a GSA? Probably forgetting one or two it's the bigger fuel tank, extra travel suspension, different seats, rack, engine bars, taller screen, screen cross brace & winglets, footrests, wheels, handguards and auxiliary lights. All those changes add up to the extra weight of the GSA. If Triumph decide to differentiate their two models along the same lines then there will be a weight gain in a similar fashion.

My 1150GS is starting to look light compared with the late crop of Adventure bikes

Not really. :)

A 1200GSA is lighter than a bog standard 1150GS dry and only 7kg more wet despite significantly more fuel.

Had my local Triumph dealer on full sales pitch today.

No Adventurer yet but will come with wire wheels and big tank, probably next year.
Price announced on 17th November.
I have booked a test ride for after the show just to see
£250 deposits guarentees me one of the first ones in March 2012

He got a bit freaked out when I said I've done 69,000 miles on the GSA and would expect the Trumpet to do the same with no issues. I also said it's first trip would be to Alaska next summer so what was the Triumph back up and dealer network be like over there? He's getting back to me:augie

Anyway, he assures me it's a GS beater but they all say that don't they:blagblah:blagblah

I had sales on the phone today too said there was a dealers meeting on the 17th where all would become clear.. whatever that means

Just seen a picture of the awful fog light/ heated grip control. What are Triumph thinking of.:nenau

And before the bike has even been launched, one dealer is offering £250 accessories free or two years free service on the new 1200. Why are they offering incentives before the bike has even launched if it is going to be such a MASSIVE success?:blast

Naww not for me give me the Big Twin blurrrrrrr blurrrrrr love em!

Back
Top Bottom