North Wales : May 2005 Anyone interested?

We're up for it.
Any recce's to be done - give us a shout.
Steve & Rebbecca
(maybe we should become the Ford Owners Club!)

Having missed out on the Princetown trip, which looked and sounded like great fun, I would be up for a trip to North Wales.

Any idea on dates yet?

orienteering never done that one on a bike normally run on me
shanks

sounds like fun would we all fit in one hotel ????? would be fun

snoring people on bottom floor please

Rocks are you planning a campsite as well near by ????

Memories from 2002

Click on any of the photos to view a larger one... to go back just press the back arrow on your keyboard :thumb

<iframe name="cwindow" style="border:0" width=750 height=500 src="http://www.ukgser.com/events/Llangollen2002/Llangollen2.htm"></iframe>

Something missing..

Paul.. somethings missing from you post.. like.. a.. a.. post.. :p

It comes up black here..

Well i have to say i have been a bit surprised. When i posted the idea, i was thinking that there would probably be only a few people who wanted to come along.. boy was i wrong.

Well since there is so much interest, i will have to put a bit more planning into it.

I will be setting the date in the next couple of days.
I will be checking on the hotel, and camping. There is camping just out side Llangollen, in longish walk/staggering distance, or in cheap taxi distance of town, so should be able to offer both.

Its there now.. arh..

Arhhh its there now.. hmmm my PC must be playing up..

Hmmm

I (fred the cat) would be interested in this one....however I have just signed (sent money) for Tossers on tour 2005.

So here is the question, ummm if I wanted to go could I bring a non GS bike?

Fred

Of course..

Certainly fred.. all are welcome.. its open to all.. and all are welcome. I am sure there will be a couple of non gs or F650 riders along in the end...

Titch said:
Having missed out on the Princetown trip, which looked and sounded like great fun, I would be up for a trip to North Wales.

Titch, don't you go believing what you read on these posts about Princetown. "Fun" - it was wet and cold, and no drying room. Visibility was extremely limited before and after with too much drinking done by some. Breakfasts - on Saturday in the cafe took forever to arrive, and on the Sunday anyone could have helped themselves - were well dodgy.
If you call that fun then your welcome to join the club - 'cos the rest of the tossers who were at Princetown thought it was "fun" too. Pah!

Yep, I'll probably be there next year at Princetown for more "fun".:D :D :D

Hi Rocks, the family want to go to the BMF Show next year so that means taking the car so, yes, yes, yes to North Wales early May, what timing:thumb
Brian.

Love too but.............

...........not to go camping as not having a tent makes it a bit cold and wet.Why don`t we just reconvene at the famous Hand Hotel ?

Hotel & Camping both available.

Hi Fitzy, sent you a PM with a few more details.

There is both Hotel and Camping accomodation being arranged. Some people are wishing to camp. The general plan will be to meet up at the hotel.

The chosen campsite is just under a mile from the hotel, an easy walk or cheap taxi for those who want to.

However i have reserved 40 rooms in the Hands hotel where most people will be staying. So far about 12 or 13 of these have gone.

Hope that helps..

rocks..

Rocks

The 2002 bash was organised by Henry (scouser) Mawson and the dirt run was organised by Georgie and me (just before we buggered off towards Japan).

If there's a demand for a proper dirt-run (see the photos and write-up), rather than a dipping your tyres in a puddle (deliberately provocative!!) I'd be willing to do it again. There seems to be new crew of GSers in the club now, so a re-run of the same route would probably be acceptable?

Simon

Llangollen 2005

Just back from hols and read post.Great idea but would be riding two up if we attended.
Will there be an alternative route don't mind the odd ford with a pillion but the mud etc becomes abit dodgy especially at the pace normally travelled.
If so I am interested and will contact hotel to book.Is there a secret password to use when booking?:beer: :beer: :beerjug:

Just mention the GS weekend and the Hand Hotel will know what you mean ;)

There's going to be two off road ride outs and probably two road rides so, all rider ability should be catered for :thumb

Dirt Run

Rocks

Can you drop us a mail to

sorebums at yahoo.co.uk

so I can discuss whether you want us to organise the dirt run or help someone else who's got the job..

Simon

off road bit

simon
I'm up for a bit of mud plugging It would be get to get dirty with you again. I'm sure mavis cruet would like to play as well

cheers nobby

Back
Top Bottom