BBC 4 - 9 pm tonight offroad in the peaks

A well balanced programme, as has been said.

I have to say, the only losers in bikes vs walkers confrontations are the bikers. It's clearly anti-social, it's noisy and alienating with people unable to see a human face. To draw an analogy for a bystander, it's like watching 'hoodies' with faces covered; you've no idea whether what they are doing is allowed or not, but you're automatically suspicious.

I think for the greater good of peace & tranquility, motorised trail riding should be limited or reduced in some way.

Never thought I'd hear myself saying that, but it's a sheer numbers thing.

Bonk around on a windy midweek astride an old brit iron in an open face and you'd get away with it, but a group on long travel suspended trailies in motocross gear? Forget it.

standage edge is open

Stand age edge is open and there has been some good work on it to keep it open
I watched it - and was not upset about the slightly biased editing
But the editer balls his job prospects a bit I would think as thats a shit years work
It was poor quality TV
The little old lady stood in the track-marks saying where was she to stand should think also where am I to stand when local farmer comes along on his tractor and trailer never mind the bikes and so called 4x4
On the subject of 4x4 The wallys snow surfing in front of the cameras didnt do themselves any favours did they
the problem is that not all the viewers look at the program as we do
They will be impressed with the old folks "dunkeque spirit"
Did you see old slavergob Hattersley in the meetings ?? His gaffs, now I suggest, edited from the final cut
I have sent a message to Skygod not to dooooo the retired teacher any more untill she changes her opinion
Timpo is quite right in saying there is monetary gains to be had in this area if changes can be forced
I did like the local councils honest thoughts and action they behave well :clap
Also I know some folk will not like this bit -
Chapelgate should be shutdown at the moment the place is a mess with folk riding and driving just about anywhere than on the trail - the water is/has finished what damage is there - Also lets ban the walkers off it - I dont think that will happen though :rob
I am sure'ish that standage edge has a volantary TRO on it at mo
Cherpit lane at present is a nice easy trail /road that can be done on just about any form of transport as the council have graded and re-stoned the lane
I would also like to remind folk the lanes are those peoples property just as much as yours and mine so if yer up in the Peak District try and
"Ponytrek on 2 wheels" stop and have a natter / debate dont frighten the frittened any more than this program has :rob
Last bit to say Kevin Lowe (Policeman in the show) has stopped me and he is a good lad if treat right I think he is fair (every time a bike or other is spotted off tarmac he gets a call relating to the berserker's wildly travelling though an area) sadly he is retiring soon
There is a definitive map the peak district - checkout yer route if yerve an old mapset
http://derbyshiremaps.derbyshire.go...arker=&zoom=&back=&pc=&layers=&sl=&sf=&sv=&p=

"Bonk around on a windy midweek astride an old brit iron in an open face and you'd get away with it, but a group on long travel suspended trailies in motocross gear? Forget it."

I think you are just about right in that statement :clap
I try and go midweek or out of normal chud times 0945 - 1545
Plod about most places and still be polite and give way to the chuds usually gets you a nod or wave
Some are not too nice back and scowl and grunt = this should amuse you - not offend = dont bite be polite
Thre even got a slogun for the TRF or the well repoted mad wankers on their crossers trying to use the trails as a racetrack because most of them couldnt cut on one

I was to go up there this morning with me camera " Chud spotting"
but me mam = who is 84 ish needs me more than those old folk up Longstone way

Back
Top Bottom