Servicing at Chester

Mad Mac

Reaction score
I know there are quality independents in the north west and perhpas if I didn't have the need for a dealer stamp in my book I might consider widening the search. However I do, and I haven't.

Just booked my bike in for a service at Chester Motorrad and have saved due to their winter service offer. (effectively a £60 discount) Andrea and Paul are great at supporting their customers and I'm pleased to be one of their customers....especially given some of the posts on this forum.

For the record I have no interest in Chester Motorrad, except that I'm a happy customer that has had great service from them over the last 2 years.....Long may it continue!

I know there are quality independents in the north west and perhpas if I didn't have the need for a dealer stamp in my book I might consider widening the search. However I do, and I haven't.

Just booked my bike in for a service at Chester Motorrad and have saved due to their winter service offer. (effectively a £60 discount) Andrea and Paul are great at supporting their customers and I'm pleased to be one of their customers....especially given some of the posts on this forum.

For the record I have no interest in Chester Motorrad, except that I'm a happy customer that has had great service from them over the last 2 years.....Long may it continue!

i got my bike from them a few months ago and are always happy to help when needed

bump for chester motorrad

Iv heard things too,not all good..about Chester Motoradd.
I wouldn't be so trusting of any bike or car dealer,has everything they are charging for been done?...call me a sceptic... and you would be right..
I use Williams in Manchester,600 mile service..not a lot to get wrong..so no problems so far.

For info, you do not need a dealer stamp in your book for warranty etc. You can take it to any independant for a service and as long as they do their warranty work through a dealer, your warranty etc is covered

Exception to that - if your bike has a BMW approved warranty or the BMW insured warranty.

indeed skywalker....I have the extended warranty and need a dealer stamp in the book. In any event for a low miles bike of less than 3 years I want the dealer stamp. No doubt others would disagree but there you have it. You pay your money and take your choice....merely pointing out that some dealers are not averse to discounting and ulike some dealers in the south are not ripping off owners with stupid prices on the basis that you pay for an annual inpsection as well as a service!

Crazy people. Go and see Jim at Southport Superbikes. You can't get better.

:thumb Agreed- they are excellent. However, I have defected to Chester partly because they were the only ones who would help me when a brake recall was announced two days before I set off to Turkey (was a bit disppointed that SSB couldn't squeeze me in). Just had 36k service at Chester (08 12GS) and have no complaints. It just runs better and better (fate well and truly tempted).

How do you get a part from BMW Chester - :D
I went yesterday and they were shut..silly me:blast, hey I'm not perfect, I ride an airhead:steptoe.
So, 'phoned parts dept. at 11.00am and was told computer was down..fair enough, took all my details etc and said they'd call me back !:bounce1 So almost three hours later I call again, put on hold for about three minutes or more then 'phone cut off :(! Hey, it happens. So called back and 'phone lifted up and placed down again...easily done I you drop the 'phone; so called back again, same thing happened... hmmmmmm. Left it a short while, (had a quick frustrated pace up and down :eh) called again and spoke to a nice lady on reception and asked her to put me through to stores but please not to cut me off :) ( three hours now just to order a rubber seal ). She came back to the 'phone and said Harry was with a customer...I'll get him to 'phone you back :rolleyes:.....so typing this 40 minutes later after being ignored by H :surrender!!
Cannot even order via an email address ( unless I want to book a service or a test-ride :nenau )
So how do you order parts from a main dealer...FIVE telephone attempts and waiting ( still ) three hours :banghead:???? Means I will now have to order via BMW Preston :eek: ( or wherever ) and pay damned postage :tears all for a rubber petrol cap sealing ring ( hey, I even gave them the part number 16111453910 on my first call !:thumb2 ) £15 from Europe :eek:
Bet Mr H finally calls me when I 'm out taking the dog out for a walk ( poor mutt has his legs crossed waiting for that return 'phone call ) and I'll miss the call !!:blast
Us airhead owners are treated like lepers :D

3 hours? .... you could walk there quicker from your house :augie

The lady, in the van, in the car park, does very nice bacon baps ;)

Have always bought Harleys and GSs from Chester - but this time have bought from Williams Manchester.

It's a great shame as Chester is nearer and far more convenient for me.

Always found their Sales side excellent but not quite so happy with their ability to resolve bike issues.

Would be delighted to be proved wrong.

And yes the Fine Dining Emporium does great burgers too.

They are closed now .... Bowkers preston now has franchise....

And Jim :bow is at Williams Manchester .... And that's the main reason I go there ....

You won't get the call.ever.they never call, when buying a bike or an o ring.makes no difference.

Unless your girlfriend gets totally pissed off with them and rings BMW customer service and gives them an earful, then they're never off the bloody phone.
Mark

Still waiting !! :comfort :D

Stuff 'em:rocketwho...this guy runs a splendid service ( £5.50 a seal ):clap , even having a batch made up of the seals for us older machine owners, so got one from him; top service..... and in all seriousness if this dealer cannot be bothered ( hey, I tried didn't I? :rolleyes:) to even order a part/return messages etc :mad:..then who in their right minds would actually spend a lot of money with them, I certainly won't !:nenau

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showth...trol-cap-seal-)-for-early-GS-paralever-owners

Back
Top Bottom