off road /green lanes around cork.

eire1400

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As the title say's anyone know of any light off road or green lanes open to the public (or not as the case maybe) around the cork area? Thanks in advance

A few of us go out every second or third Sunday. It's good fun but wouldn't be described as 'light' off road or green-laning.
It's a balance of trails and some technically challenging bits.
All doable but contact with the ground occasionally is likely. :blast
It's two or three hours and tiring. Great fun, though. :D

A few of us go out every second or third Sunday. It's good fun but wouldn't be described as 'light' off road or green-laning.
It's a balance of trails and some technically challenging bits.
All doable but contact with the ground occasionally is likely. :blast
It's two or three hours and tiring. Great fun, though. :D

Probably a bit over my head, Haven't been off road since my early teens on a dr125. Could i go and look?? (and probably run home!!)

Hi Eire what bike have you, what tyres has it and what terrier is on your avatar.:nenau

I'm driving a 00 1150gs. with a brand new pair of tourance and that my old staffordshire bull terrier in the pic. She was maybe 2 years old in that one.

You could but there wouldn't be a lot to see. We cover a 50 to 65 km loop so when we're gone, that'd be it for a few hours.

I'd suggest trials riding as an inexpensive offroad sport to get into and a good sport to watch too.

There's a trial in Shanacrane, Dunmanway this Sunday. I know HP2Kenobe'll be there. I may be.
http://www.corkmororcycleracingandvintageclum.com/

The Youghal MCC hold regular trials in the Vee as well.
http://www.youghalmcc.com/

I suspect this is what you'd like. The last one was great. I'm sure Daithi will organise another soon. :aidan
http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233616&highlight=reci

yehaw

I'm getting scared already! Can't wait all the same.

Right so, meself and Kami will go have a look and take some snaps of the likely terrain and
post 'em on here, ye can then judge for yerselves if ye like the look of 'em. :bounce1
Next question is, what date for the Reci proper ? :nenau

Right so, meself and Kami will go have a look and take some snaps of the likely terrain and
post 'em on here, ye can then judge for yerselves if ye like the look of 'em. :bounce1
Next question is, what date for the Reci proper ? :nenau

U call and we will follow....

Right so, meself and Kami will go have a look :bounce1

Now that was a lot of fun, started out handy enough but got a bit extreme towards the end, Kami yer off yer rocker.:D

Fantastic day out, I took some vids and pics which I'll upload after the grub but this PRC Reci is gonna be MEGA ! :eek:

Excellent, got a txt from alan, said it was 'character building' ! Any idea of dates for de real thing? May I suggest sat 26th of nov just to get ball rolling. Or maybe I should see the video footage first!

R0011640.jpg

Corporal Punishment takes some punishment ...
R0011644.jpg

....but expertly gets the 1100 up some fairly slippy trails.
R0011663.jpg

Seeing this lunatic doin' 30km on an Adventure on greasy trails is something to behold, sorry I mean avoid. :eek:
4f738072.jpg

The PD was fantastic, way better than I thought it would be, bar risers are a must though.

R0011646.jpg

7fcd1833.jpg

This is what the "G" in "GS" means. :D

4062d743.jpg

b686662e.jpg

I've no doubt Kami has his GS sparkling by now.

Fantastic craic thanks Kami and DeCorp, good trails with two spectacular challenges, the spin would be tame for a trail bike but fantastic fun an a GS. Videos are uploading now.

That was some craic alright. I'd like to thank Daithi and Kamakazi for all their help, encouragement and advice when I got stuck and/or fell over.
Note the spare underwear and industrial strength bog roll on the 11's rack.

I found the cause of the misfire that enforced my early exit and I'm really annoyed with myself that I didn't spot it during the recce. It was that old 1100GS favourite of the throttle cable getting pulled out of it's seat.

Still, looking forward to the main event now.:aidan

That was a challenge in parts :eek: .... fun all the way, though. :D

Tyres with some thread would probably be an idea. :blast

So....when? and who's coming?

Me and Kev depending on dates:clap:clap

We're at the bike show in NEC 25-27th Nov:)
We've the East Coast Christmas night on the 3rd Dec:beer: so we'd have to leave by 4ish:eek:
My son's 21st the 9th Dec so Kev'd have to behave hisself:friday and we could come down on the sat:bounce1
and we're busy the weekend of the 16th:thumb

We really really enjoyed it last year:roll

Back
Top Bottom