Versys 1000cc now confirmed

wessie

Reaction score
I pposted a while back with a French mag's photos of the new Versys. Well, it's official http://www.kawasaki.co.uk/Versys1000

w608h405_000003409C04455B.jpg

I don't know how the japs manage to fck up what is such a simple idea.

its just another UJM with a 4pot thrown in it.

make it a twin fergodsake :blast

Lots of 4 pots engines left over from something?

More a case of following the modular design method. It is a manufacturing technique that keeps costs down and made Triumph what it is today.

With the yen so strong against the euro & £ this method is allowing Kawasaki to produce some half decent bikes at reasonable prices. Just look at how well the Z1000SX sold this year. I rode an SX last month - the engine is a peach for an inline 4 and Kawasaki seem to be making full value by using it in a variety of configurations. Good luck to them I say.

I don't think they were looking to take on the GS / Tenere directly.

I suspect it will be a good alternative to the road going 1000 with more room and better for bumpy back lanes etc.

Certainly a parts-bin special, but that ain't always a bad thing and I suspect the price will be reasonable.

Agree that suspension will probably be shite, but if the price is right you would have plenty of change over GS / Tenere / Triumph prices to get that well sorted.

Not forgetting some people love fours and know no better, they need weening off the ZGSXR-RRSPRR's

A 1000cc twin, like the Yam TDM, would have been better but hopefully the parts bin special approach will keep the price down?

Rumoured 1200 TDM looks OK

Attachments

• yamaha_1200_tdm_stpz-2746fc8.jpg
    yamaha_1200_tdm_stpz-2746fc8.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 477
I don't know how the japs manage to fck up what is such a simple idea.

its just another UJM with a 4pot thrown in it.

make it a twin fergodsake :blast

+1...when I first heard they were bringing out a 1000 version I loved the idea, the versys is one of the few affordable bikes on the Malaysian market, and a brilliant bike in its own right. How could the twats stick a four in there? what are they thinking about?

Versys

From the front view, it look like a hampster with full cheeks!!

4 cylinder? I dont think that is such a bad thing. Make it nice and smooth, with all the benefits of a nice high upright riding position.

Not my cup of tea, but i am sure it will be just what someone wants.

+1...when I first heard they were bringing out a 1000 version I loved the idea, the versys is one of the few affordable bikes on the Malaysian market, and a brilliant bike in its own right. How could the twats stick a four in there? what are they thinking about?

+1 :tears

Whilst they may be trying to save money by raiding the parts pin, if they built something that everybody wanted surely they would sell more? I would, for example, be interested if it was a twin, as it is I don't even want to go look at it. I'm bored to bits of straight 4's. The Versys has built a reputation of being a really good bike, lots of fun etc, I presume they thought they could carry that on with a 1000. Then they put a wide, heavy 4 cylinder engine in and a radiator that should slow it down a bit. Z1000 with a body kit on :blast

That looks so much better, well done Yamaha (as long as it's under 10k :D)

New 900 TeDiuM sits at £8400,seen a few at £7600ish.
The 1200;if it's the motor from the S10 will probably be priced around 10-10.5K;maybe 11K+ if it has the shaft drive.IMHO of course.

Whilst they may be trying to save money by raiding the parts pin, if they built something that everybody wanted surely they would sell more?

Where is your evidence that Kawasaki aren't supplying a bike that the market wants?

Tastes vary and posters in this forum who are mainly wedded to the idea that bikes have 2 cylinders are not really representative of the bike market as a whole.

Yamaha produced a wonderful bike that many people want but then they stuck a silly price tag on it. A year on after the release Yamaha had loads left in the showroom. They only way to judge if Kawasaki have got their sums right is to look at the showrooms in 12 months time. My hunch is that like the Z1000SX, almost every 1 litre Versys imported will find a home.

Where is your evidence that Kawasaki aren't supplying a bike that the market wants?

Tastes vary and posters in this forum who are mainly wedded to the idea that bikes have 2 cylinders are not really representative of the bike market as a whole.

Yamaha produced a wonderful bike that many people want but then they stuck a silly price tag on it. A year on after the release Yamaha had loads left in the showroom. They only way to judge if Kawasaki have got their sums right is to look at the showrooms in 12 months time. My hunch is that like the Z1000SX, almost every 1 litre Versys imported will find a home.

As they say, anything will sell if the price is right... doesn't mean it's good, or wanted :thumb

Back
Top Bottom