Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Exmoor Explorer Off Road

Exmoor Explorer Off Road

Rich has asked Sid and I if we will put together an off road ride for this event.

Sid had a look around a few lanes the other day and I have about 20 trails marked on the two maps that we are going to check out over the winter. I have ridden the ones down here on the TTR but need Sid to try them on his 1100.

We were talking about it last night and there really isn't enough in this area to make two off road rides so we agreed that we would aim for a ride good for middle weights and GS's but there maybe a couple a tracks the GS's have to ride around (alot depending on the rider).

I guess if we aim for a ride of about 120 miles with 20 sections we'll be doing ok. There are also many lovely road sections over Exmoor to link the trails together with and of course Tarr Steps (huge ford) where the brave can wash their bikes whilst others eat cream teas and laugh at them.

I thought we would start this thread so we can post details and photos as we check the tracks and make the route. That way people get to see what sort of stuff we have down here.

Son of Ah Knah Yee Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Guess I picked the wrong time to switch to Conti' Trail (Heart) Attacks?

PUI since 2004

[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Looking good ,any routes yet?

Quote Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
    Looking good ,any routes yet?
    Blimey early days yet, going to hopefully check out a few more tracks this week with Sid depending on the weather.

I think the idea will be when it is sorted whack it on map source and also have marked maps on the wall at the venue. I remember they did that at another event and it worked well as it gave people a good idea of the areas they were going to be riding.

I am more then happy to lead a pogo ride over Somerset/Devon, I am in the TRF and ride the lanes most Sundays and I am sure I could link a good ride together down the Taunton area and back to South Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ricky View Post
    I am more then happy to lead a pogo ride over Somerset/Devon, I am in the TRF and ride the lanes most Sundays and I am sure I could link a good ride together down the Taunton area and back to South Moulton
    That sounds like a good idea then and I'm sure Rich would appriciate that

I'm sure some of the lanes will be the same, but better two smaller groups criss crossing the area than one big one with the pogo riders getting frustrated hauling lardy GS's about and waiting around

Looks like it could be a good event

I fell ill once... Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I reckon I need a smaller and lighter bike.

It looks like you two had fun...

Quote Originally Posted by DitchWater View Post
    I reckon I need a smaller and lighter bike.

It looks like you two had fun...
    To be honest a few years ago people were taking GS's up stupid trails and I have been up stuff that I would have never dreamt of taking an 1100cc bike on ... before I met Rich at the club do's.
    I don't know how many people bother in actually taking GS's down these sort of lanes anymore, I certainly wouldn't now, their too heavy and there are better things to use.
    It'll still be fun watching others take them around though

I went out today also done 100 miles on pogos 8 of us from Taunton over to Exmoor, Dulverton very muddy and slippery done 100 miles sent off at 09.15 and back by 15.30. Only had one heated discussion on Exmoor near Exton with a man with a shot gun

I fell ill once... Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Trippy View Post
    To be honest a few years ago people were taking GS's up stupid trails and I have been up stuff that I would have never dreamt of taking an 1100cc bike on ... before I met Rich at the club do's.
    I don't know how many people bother in actually taking GS's down these sort of lanes anymore, I certainly wouldn't now, their too heavy and there are better things to use.
    My 1150GSA has had go before and been broken by me so I'm looking out for something more useful although, you never know I might bring it for a laugh.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Trails

Trippy , are you suggesting I was stupid, doing all those trails on a 1200 with Sue standing up on the pegs
    The purpose of man is to live, not exist !!
    I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them..........
    I will use my time !!
    BMW 1100GSA (on steroids)
    BMW R100R Mystik
    BMW Z3
    Prospector Kevlar Canoe.
    Racelight road bike
    Stihl chainsaw

Quote Originally Posted by MATKAT View Post
    Trippy , are you suggesting I was stupid, doing all those trails on a 1200 with Sue standing up on the pegs
    No Freddy, cos I used to enjoy following you .... and looking at her arse

Bounce

No Freddy, cos I used to enjoy following you .... and looking at her arse
    I knew there was a reason why I stopped doing it, well apart from the fact that it was stupid
    It's ok for Rich and his 72" inside leg, got into far to much trouble follwoing him around
    The purpose of man is to live, not exist !!
    I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them..........
    I will use my time !!
    BMW 1100GSA (on steroids)
    BMW R100R Mystik
    BMW Z3
    Prospector Kevlar Canoe.
    Racelight road bike
    Stihl chainsaw

Is there still places for this do Trippy?

Quote Originally Posted by FERRET View Post
    Rich is organising it mate but I don't think there is going to be any problems with numbers, I think its a fair sized site with local accomodation available too, see his main thread. As for the off road it looks like we'll have a couple of groups. Will have to meet up with Ricky at some point and have a look at the maps.

North Wales TRF Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by FERRET View Post

What do......?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast