Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Exmoor Explorer Off Road

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ricky View Post
    I thought that as well as GS off road that there was going to be a pogo only ride which is where I chirped in offering to help/lead a ride.
    I thought that as well and guess there will be at least half a dozen pogos attending.

The larger bike ride so far (max 15) ...

Me - Yamaha TTR600
    Sid - 1100GS
    Johnnyboxer - Xchallenge
    Cookieboy - R80g/s

Quote Originally Posted by Trippy View Post
    I thought that as well and guess there will be at least half a dozen pogos attending.

The larger bike ride so far (max 15) ...

Me - Yamaha TTR600
    Sid - 1100GS
    Johnnyboxer - Xchallenge
    Cookieboy - R80g/s
    I will catch up with the thread when I come back, off to Finland tomorrow on a skiing holiday

Please add me to the list if places remain - on a KTM 990 Adv with TKCs

Me - Yamaha TTR600
    Sid - 1100GS
    Johnnyboxer - Xchallenge
    Cookieboy - R80g/s
    Paintman - Husky TE630
    Ross Dean - KTM 990 Adv

I fell ill once... Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    TTR600, XChallenge and TE630's are larger bikes now are they?

You can put me down please on either a larger bike, if I find a decent one at the right price, or I'll bring my R1150GSA on TKCs.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Selsey, Chichester, West Sussex, England.

Thumbs up

Me - Yamaha TTR600
    Sid - 1100GS
    Johnnyboxer - Xchallenge
    Cookieboy - R80g/s
    Paintman - Husky TE630
    Ross Dean - KTM 990 Adv
    Ditchwater - R1150GSA
    RD. - Husky TE450 (Possibly)

Keep em coming, any 1200's coming out to play?
    Need a few more GS's.

Me - Yamaha TTR600
    Sid - 1100GS
    Johnnyboxer - Xchallenge
    Cookieboy - R80g/s
    Paintman - Husky TE630
    Ross Dean - KTM 990 Adv
    Ditchwater - R1150GSA
    RD. - Husky TE450

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ricky View Post
    I will catch up with the thread when I come back, off to Finland tomorrow on a skiing holiday
    No pogos have come forward since I have been away, so I am out

Thanks for the offer to help Ricky, the pogo chaps will be missing some lovely trails. Feel free to drop in for the social aspect of the weekend... or you could come walking with the really tough off roaders!
    Recce walk around 10-15 miles tomorrow, stopping at Tarr Farm for lunchables.

If quitters never win and winners never quit... What idiot came up with 'Quit while you're ahead'??????

Just bring your bike on the other off road ride mate.

Its a long drive But.......

Looks like to much fun to miss

So put me down on the Xchallenge. Nether a big or small bike, its just right

Any ideas what time your heading out? Looks like ill be driving down after work on the Friday then back ready for work on the Sunday unless i manage to wrangle some more days off.

Quote Originally Posted by IJGser View Post
    Looks like to much fun to miss

So put me down on the Xchallenge. Nether a big or small bike, its just right

Any ideas what time your heading out? Looks like ill be driving down after work on the Friday then back ready for work on the Sunday unless i manage to wrangle some more days off.
    Good stuff

Should imagine we'll look at an 0930 - 1630 day.

Your looking a bit peaky, sure you don't have a bit of a bug coming on?

Right quick update

Been out today (first chance I have had for ages) and checked out five new trails. I have ruled out two, one came to a dead end despite what the map said in what can be best described as a farm from the 1800's complete with farmer who I stopped and chatted too for a few mins. God knows how some of these old fellas survive.

I am now thinking that we should maybe have two off road rides, this one on Saturday which is SE of the campsite and another on Sunday which is NW.

I will try to work out a rough idea of the mileage for Saturday (which would be the slightly longer of the two and at a rough guess 80 miles with 15+ sections) and then hopefully get up to North Devon with Sid and check out the ten or so trails up there that I have never seen. However if this isn't possible it may even be fun to just do Sunday blind and try them all together for the first time.

Saturdays ride will be a combination of hopefully nice fast twisty roads, tiny lanes, do'able trails and a couple of rivers.

As Sid has already said this will not suit a GS owner who hasn't taken his bike off road before, it will not suit a GS rider who isn't afraid to drop his bike at some point during the day and TKC's or similar are a must.

The good news is however, when you drop your bike (and we've all done it many times) there will be folk to help you, laugh at you and take photos of you.

I think by splitting the ride into two days we can have a more relaxed time, stop for plenty of photos, have a nice lunch somewhere and be back for early beers.

Remember this is not Hampshire and Wiltshire, this is Somerset and Devon. The trails are not flat, fast chalk and gravel. Some can be rocky, muddy and in places a bit steep.

Proposed pub for lunch is the Raleghs Cross Inn (http://www.raleghscross.co.uk/index) which is after about 45 miles and a dozen sections. Then another 5 or 6 after lunch with a cup of tea and a slice of cake at Tarr Steps (Britains oldest bridge) and a chance to have a laugh at those brave enough to try a river crossing.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Looks good. Shame I couldn't join you today but I've been busy elsewhere all this week.

Raced bike last weekend, crashed but walked away without a scratch. Today I had to push a disabled lad in a wheelchair which had no brakes down a steep slope. I managed to lose control of the wheel chair and tip it over backwards. I fell under the chair and managed to crack my knees, rip my trousers and badly bruise my left hand. Bleeding from hand and knee. Lad in wheelchair was unhurt fortunately.

Think, I stick to racing motorbikes, its much safer.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast