Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Exmoor Explorer Off Road

Apologies: Tidying up Photobucket and deleted the forum album that contained the photos on this thread.

New album.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Overland and classic,vale of belvoir,Melton Mowbray
    can you put my name down on the list for this ride out.mike

can I ask where these lanes are as I didn't think there were any boats on Exmoor anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Roadcaptain View Post
    can I ask where these lanes are as I didn't think there were any boats on Exmoor anymore?
    Not with-in the NP.

I think we are going to have a 'planned' (in the loosest sense of the word) ride on Saturday where we will take in lanes to the east of the campsite. There are a couple near to the campsite, a few between the B3227 and the North Devon link rd, half a dozen around Bampton, a few above Wiveliscombe then over to Tarr steps.

Want the day to be relaxed, easy pace, plenty of short stops, challenging in a couple of places but not silly and not overly long. I reckon probably about 80-90 miles total.

The plan for sunday is ... there isn't one.

I'm sure Sid knows some of the lanes around N.Devon, I have quite a few marked on my map around Barnstaple but have never ridden any of them. What I suggest is who ever fancies it, we leave the site site at 10am, go explore and ride them together for the first time, have a nice lunch somewhere and be back to the pub/campsite for a beer by 4pm.

Looking at the map Sunday will be less miles.

To give you a rough idea of the mileages between sections on Saturday...

Campsite - 1 = 3
    1-2 = 2
    2-3 = 3
    3-4 = 8
    4-5 = 1
    5-6 = 7
    6-7 = 2
    7-8 = 0.5
    8-9 = 0.5
    9-10 = 2
    10- stream = 4
    stream-11 = 10
    11-12 = 0.5
    12-lunch = 1
    lunch-13 = 2
    13-14 = 5
    14-15 = 8
    15-ford = 3
    ford-river crossing (optional) = 8
    r/c-section 1 reversed = 10
    1R-campsite = 3

So I reckon 85 to 100 miles.

As stated before Sunday is shorter, made up as we go along and we all see and ride them for the first time together.

Looking like ...

Me - TTR600
    Sid - 1100GS
    Johnnyboxer - XR250
    Cookieboy - WR250
    Paintman - TE630
    Ross Dean - 990 Adv
    Ditchwater - 1150GSA
    RD - TE450
    Ferret - XChallenge
    IJGser - XChallenge

Quote Originally Posted by Trippy View Post
    Looking like ...

Me - TTR600
    Sid - 1100GS
    Johnnyboxer - XR250
    Cookieboy - WR250
    Paintman - TE630
    Ross Dean - 990 Adv
    Ditchwater - 1150GSA
    RD - TE450
    Ferret - XChallenge
    IJGser - XChallenge
    mikeyboy - funduro

Selsey, Chichester, West Sussex, England.

Talking

Looking like ...

Me - TTR600
    Sid - 1100GS
    Johnnyboxer - XR250
    Cookieboy - WR250
    Paintman - TE630
    Ross Dean - 990 Adv
    Ditchwater - 1150GSA
    RD - TE450
    Ferret - XChallenge
    IJGser - XChallenge
    Ditchy - might decide to ride his new TTR600.

Looking like ...

Me - TTR600
    Sid - 1100GS
    Johnnyboxer - XR250
    Cookieboy - WR250
    Paintman - TE630
    Ross Dean - 990 Adv
    Ditchwater - TTR600 or 1150
    RD - TE450
    Ferret - XChallenge
    IJGser - XChallenge
    Mikeyboy - funduro

And I reckon thats enough really.

The day will be relaxed, easy pace, plenty of short stops, challenging in a couple of places but not silly and not overly long.
    I reckon probably about 80-90 miles total.
    Aim to leave the campsite at 10am.

Looking forward to it :-)

Went to take the bike for its MOT today and for the first time the bloody thing wouldn't start.
    Taken to the garage on the trailer for them to hopefully find out what wrong.
    Fingers crossed.

Went to take the bike for its MOT today and for the first time the bloody thing wouldn't start.
    Taken to the garage on the trailer for them to hopefully find out what wrong.
    Fingers crossed.
    is your bike sorted?how has the weather been down there?all the lanes around my way are flooded.mud glorious mud

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyboy View Post
    is your bike sorted?how has the weather been down there?all the lanes around my way are flooded.mud glorious mud
    Yeah all sorted and going to pick it up this morning. Burnt out starter solenoid apparently so nothing too expensive

The weather has been horrible with some really heavy rain for the last week or so. I may get out on Tuesday for a quick look, hopefully they won't be too bad, I can only think of one that maybe a bit of a mud pit but that ones flat from start to finish. I still have to ride one on the saturday route, I know its a go'er as its on the Exmoor Clouds route but never done it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyboy View Post
    You still worrying about the mud? Could be worse at least we are traveling there in true tosser style (on four wheels)

Anyway just approach it the same ad last time we went out in lots of mud and fall off.......

Makes my day more fun.

Please note: You'll have to have enough fuel on board for at least 40 miles when leaving the campsite on Saturday morning.

Sid
    Trying to pm you about next weekend, can you contact me Please.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast