S10

No commute as the gritting wankers were out in force last night as we had a slight frost :blast:mad:
Will prep it for winter tomorrow then go for it.

Still not had chance to prep but went for it yesterday :D few back lanes and caught in a rain storm on way home, bike was faultless, had a TC moment on a load of mud so that works.
Headlight protector, givi rack and fork seal protectors fitted.
Gonna need a fender extender i think.

It aint new anymore :D

Attachments

• S10 resize 800.jpg
    S10 resize 800.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 417
  • S10 resize1 800.jpg
    S10 resize1 800.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 427
Wind noise is still an issue so while i wait for the TT screen adjusters i have raised it to the higher position, also got the TT extender clipon thing to try.
No problems with 52 ltr box in the winds yesterday, fuelling is spot on as i was doing loads of slow speed stuff.
I might even be on telly as the dicks shut the M42 as a female in a people carrier stopped in the fast lane after her spare wheel carrier dropped the wheel under the car, dont know how she got herself and 2 kids to the hardsholder in one piece :eek:
Ran to front of line, plod and traffic "officers" were looking around the car, then one of them decided to drive it to the hard shoulder :blast he must have been the one with 2 brain cells although he stalled 1st go. I then noticed the camera crew with the plod, he made a point of taking a shot of me before getting back in the plod car :D i will be the biker sat with arms folded shaking his head :thumb2

I took one out from Kidderminster M/C mart on Friday very very impressed,but i couldnt live with the wind noise and buffeting .
Tried screen in both positions.
Hope your TT mods work:thumb2

Hi everyone I own a supertenere

Big Den I tested my bike against an f800gs last week, side by side
does not feel it but I can assure you it is quicker
and the 800 we used has the cat removed and an open silencer
it is actually quicker accross the whole range
accelerates quicker rolls on quicker and is quicker top speed

makes me smile everytime I ride mine

Big Den, thanks for the pics.
I'm getting more interested/jealous every minute.
White is the only colour I'd have, and looking at yours, reinforces that.
From what you say, you seem to have had no trouble filtering. I used to have a 1200GS, and although I've been filtering bikes for years, I didn't attempt it with that.
Keep on sending the reports.
John.

fender ext

ordered an extender, for a 800gs funnily enough, i'll make the bugger fit

Attachments

• Rotated resize.jpg
    Rotated resize.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 342
ordered an extender, for a 800gs funnily enough, i'll make the bugger fit

Nice bike Big Den :thumb2

My guess is a fender extender will only stop so much crud, as soon as the forks compress the front wheel will still shower the engine with crud, might be worth asking Mark Hooton if he can develop a crud catcher for the S10 there's sure to be a market for it ;)

Thumbs up for the MRA. Also put a Waspworks screen adjuster on it. Helps when you need to cool things down a bit.
sized_Readyforseriousadventuring.jpg

Iam sure you know this already but....

If you intend off road you will definitely need a bash plate. The bike is quite low and I say this as you do not want the Yamaha one. It is not up to the job and if hit, can rip a hole in your sump.

sized_P1000620.jpg

Yamaha left ....SW-Motech right

sized_IMG_1261.jpg

SW-Motech saved my bike some serious trauma on the HUMM in July.
(HUMM = Horizons Unlimited Mountain madness)

Also, Powerbronze do a fender extender for this bike. I have one and it works well. It also survived the HUMM
Mudguardpic.jpg

Thanks Ray, if the gs800 one from NN won't fit I will get one of them, ordered and paid for screen adjusters and bashplate at TT stand at the nec show, bashplate maybe awhile as they haven't finished developing it yet !! Raised the screen and fitted my TT screen extender for now, no buffeting just noise.
Take it That's you on the Adv rider site ?

Well commuted in for the 1st time this morning very cold and loads of road salt and filth, even got mud splattered by two tippers who were having a race with clumps of mud flying everywhere including into my visor :rolleyes:
Bike was spot on, slim enough to slide up to the front in the queues and agile for nipping about and i had the 52 ltr Givi on the back.
Good view over the cage homicidal maniacs, finger tips were bloody sore with the cold so must get the grips i picked up Tues fitted. The screen in the high position with my TT screen extender worked really well and should do the job going forward :thumb so result. NN has delivered my ltr of ACF / magnum and gs800 extender so some toys to fit tomorrow and another spray over.
Still all good :thumb2

Spoke to a very nice chap :D @ TT yesterday and my bashplate and screen adjusters are in and on their way too :beerjug:

Make sure you ACF the front coolant pipe that sits behind the exhaust headers. Mine lost all its paint after only a couple of rides last winter, turned rusty which was only going to get worse and probably rot through ala GPz900 front coolant pipes. Fair doos to yamaha as the replaced it under warrenty and also fitted new exhaust headers/studs & nuts to go with it. I didnt think they'd swap the headers even though they were stained and browned from front wheel spray (seems like normal wear and tear on a lot of stainless systems I've seen) but they did so it now looks spangly again! result.

Well bashplate on, oh and mine smokes like a steam train every run cos its got so much acf on it :D

Attachments

• DSCF8456.jpg
    DSCF8456.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 426
  • DSCF8461.jpg
    DSCF8461.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 433
  • DSCF8464.jpg
    DSCF8464.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 432
and TT screen adjusters

Attachments