Recommend me a Heated Vest

At least you have the lifetime warranty :thumb2

You could have dropped it off and picked another one up at the same time , it's not far from you

Called them today and their out of stock of the medium but they will exchange for a new, so thumbs up for RiderZ. :thumb2

I used a Klan heated vest for about 5 year before it started playing up. An excellent and low cost item (only cost £60 at the time, best money I ever spent)
Last year I bought an EXO2 vest (a Triumph branded one). It's awful. It hot spots, meaning you have to wear it over a jumper to avoid burning. I have the first one replaced because of this, but the second was pretty much the same. It's too bulky, too stiff, and not warm enough when worn over a jumper. Sometimes the front feels stone cold when the back is searing hot. The thing seems to be cut to fit a monkey and is really uncomfortable to wear. I hate it and have started to prefer to be cold.
Time for a gerbing perhaps, or another Klan.

Have a look at the latest 'Ride' magazine they have done a test of all the latest heated gear. The 'Keis' range came out on top if memory serves.

Personally I've used Gerbings stuff (jacket and gloves) for years now I honestly wouldn't use anything else. Its really well made, comfortable and built to last.

Have a look at the latest 'Ride' magazine they have done a test of all the latest heated gear. The 'Keis' range came out on top if memory serves.

Personally I've used Gerbings stuff (jacket and gloves) for years now I honestly wouldn't use anything else. Its really well made, comfortable and built to last.

I have been involved as a Gerbing's dealer now for over 5 years and their products are great. I wear Gerbing's to "Yes they do Big Sizes" :augie
and their warranty is excellent.

Plus if To55ers pay paypal gift i offer 10% discount...:thumb

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Dels-Deals

Big D:)

Just bought a Keis X6 vest from Infinity. Wired it up, and it works.:thumb

Anyone know how long they take to get to maximum heat from startup?

Just bought a Keis X6 vest from Infinity. Wired it up, and it works.:thumb

Anyone know how long they take to get to maximum heat from startup?

I have been involved as a Gerbing's dealer now for over 5 years and their products are great. I wear Gerbing's to "Yes they do Big Sizes" :augie
and their warranty is excellent.

Plus if To55ers pay paypal gift i offer 10% discount...:thumb

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Dels-Deals

Big D:)

Just received the Gerbing heated jacket liner from Big D. Excellent service.Arrived swiftly. Allan.

The Ride discounted jacket is the X4. The one currently in the shops is the X6. As to what the difference is who knows other than £30. Anyways good on to Infinity (who were equally unimpressed) for contacting the distributor :thumb.

Gerbing good

I replaced my Triumph EX02 jacket with a Gerbing liner a few weeks ago (from riderz). I'm really impressed.
I've rigged it to stay in place inside my main jacket instead of it's own liner, making getting dressed up so much easier.
I used it for a bit without the heat controller. Great for sub 3 or 4 degrees, but too hot other wise. I stumped up for the heat controller, making the whole affair rather expensive, but it's such a pleasure to have perfect temperature control.
Easily the best heated clothing I've had yet.

Warmnsafe

I can't comment on Gerbing jackets - I like the gloves and got some brand new ones when one of my old pair stopped working so it's no doubt high quality gear and the lifetime guarantee is an incredible incentive.

I can comment a bit on vests and liners and would like to put in a good word for WarmnSafe while I'm here..

I just bought a Gen4 jacket liner and I like it a lot. It's very thin so versatile i.e. will fit under race-like leathers for those winter trackies or normal commuting gear for getting to work. It's also very warm worn straight over a long sleeve t-shirt (core + neck + arms) and the service from warmnsafe themselves has been absolutely excellent, very helpful, quick responses on emails (despite Mike being on the move between trade shows and wotnot) and also super quick on the shipping.

The dollar price on the above (particularly when you factor in a heat controller) looks high but obviously converts to less in old money. Also an interesting thing they have going is trade-ups. You can trade in any old warmnsafe kit to get the newer stuff as it comes out and you can even (something I did take advantage of with this liner), trade in other manufacturers kit for quite a selection of their range. I got about $70 off the price of the jacket for an old vest (so that saved me the bother of ebaying it). An example of general helpfulness on the service side - instead of shipping my trade-in to the states they had me ship to a hotel in Amsterdam where Mike was going to be visiting, this substantially reduced the postage costs. Also they claim they'll not ship the gear till they've received your trade in but in this case it was shipped in advance of that as there was a little delay in Mike's travel schedule. Can't say fairer than that I think.

On a more general note, I couldn't comment on the performance difference between the Gen4 liner and other similarly specc'd kit but having now experienced the difference between at least two "market leading" vests and this liner with full arms and neck warming (mhhh.. neck warming) I wouldn't go back. I think there is some truth in the comments about keeping the core warm and the rest stays warm too (certainly got me through a few winters on the M40) but when it's really cold and windy that logic begins to wear thin (so to speak) and you're ending up having to compensate somehow with extra sleeve coverage and neck gators and wotnot. With full coverage your not - simple as that. So 1 cotton long sleeve T, a super thin heated liner and your old faithful mocycle jacket (with or without it's inner depending on temperatures and type of outer jacket) and your done.

As I said, having taken the pepsi challenge I definitely won't be going back to a vest. I'd say maybe a vest for emergencies but a thin liner packs smaller than the vests I've known and/or can be worn on spec anyway when it's not that cold and be ready to be plugged in when temperatures drop.

That's my 2pence worth hopefully of use to someone.

:thumb2

I replaced my Triumph EX02 jacket with a Gerbing liner a few weeks ago (from riderz). I'm really impressed.
I've rigged it to stay in place inside my main jacket instead of it's own liner, making getting dressed up so much easier.
I used it for a bit without the heat controller. Great for sub 3 or 4 degrees, but too hot other wise. I stumped up for the heat controller, making the whole affair rather expensive, but it's such a pleasure to have perfect temperature control.
Easily the best heated clothing I've had yet.

I've just bought the Gerbing Heated liner, heating gloves and twin controller from Riderz. Fantastic piece of kit, very impressed so far and looking forward to some seriously cold weather to try it in ernest.

Riderz were really helpful on the phone too and delivery was just two days.

The problem is that when I tried to register the kit with Gerbers in order to get the lifetime warranty (which was one of the things that persuaded me to get this kit in the first place) their Director responded, 'Bad news i'm afraid Riderz is not an authorised Gerbing dealer.
We will not be able to do any warranties for you here in the UK . Any problems will
have to be resolved by Riderz.'

I've had no response from Riderz yet.

Terry from Riderz has responded that he will deal with any warranty claims and that he deals direct with Europe. I guess that as long as he is at Riderz I'm ok

Terry from Riderz has responded that he will deal with any warranty claims and that he deals direct with Europe. I guess that as long as he is at Riderz I'm ok
Terry owns Riderz so he will be there for a long time and will honour any warranty claims you may have

Back
Top Bottom