Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wapping's Wanders 2012 - A four-dayer Normandy and maybe Brittany - DEFINITE DATES

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Bring your thermals and your waterproofs

It's not looking scorchio in northern France.

A week ago 20c and above..... Now, 8c..... Bloody northerners, exporting cold.

Back home five PM....

The usual chaos of immigration and then a very haphazard loading, resulting in one poor sod dropping his bike. The train staff certainly went out of their way to display every quality of imbecility and a few extra.

======

I really enjoyed the Wander, one of the best I thought. Made so because everyone got on, were happy to go with the flow and /or make good suggestions of things to do and see. A good pace maintained throughout; the run back today was excellent..... a reasonably long schlep across country, with a detour for the closed village and still in plenty of time to make an earlier train.

Cheers,

Richard

PS When I have a minute I'll tidy up the routes and lob them up here. They might be useful if anyone wants to do something similar another time.

A great weekend. From being told all trains are full and will have to go on my booked train they just waved me through onto the first train home. Result.

Great company, roads, sites, food, etc.

Come on then .....post your Pics ...

I want to see Trixies new(ish) rocket ship ......

Got back to Leigh on Sea at about 5.30pm.Great weekend and company excellent hotels and top routes.Many thanks Richard for organising another super trip.

Yes, thankyou Richard, superb trip, .

Hello Richard,

Thanks for a lovely trip really enjoyed it. Good choice of hotels and routes. We thoroughly enjoyed the bunkers. A good team of riders and friends as well.

Thanks
    David & Pauline
    David is...
    Going Down on a Signal 15 !

Here are the routes etc. all tidied up to include the battery and the cemetery.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14126843/FIN...-%20UKGSer.gdb

Staurt and Anne,

Great to see you both for the Normandy Wander.

Thank you for your hints and tips on what to see etc. Excellent.

I promised to let you know the name of the cable lock I used:

http://www.google.co.uk/products/cat...ed=0CHYQ8wIwAg

I am seeing Charlie (ChasMill) later in the week and will ask him where the fox holes are still preserved at at Bastogne.

You were telling me about something similar at one of the other sites, I think? Like a fool I have forgotten.... can you jog my memory, please.

Cheers,

Richard

Thanks for the link Richard, just ordered one from Amazon

The place that we spoke about is a small village on the Somme, called "La Boisselle" , there is an archealogical study group which have been doing an archiological dig in the area for the last year or so. They have uncovered tunnel systems etc, how much is yet available for viewing i dont know but as it happens i do know one of the people working on the dig, not an archeologist but a battle field guide who is helping out, so you never know.

Sorry we didnt thank you last night prior to catching the train, we were ushered straight onto a train once booked in, anyway, thanks again from myself and Anne , a cracking and most enjoyable weekend with good company all round.

A few photos Pegasus Bridge

early ugg boots

dday beaches

this place took some pounding

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123