Wapping's Wanders 2012 - A four-dayer Normandy and maybe Brittany - DEFINITE DATES

Staurt and Anne,

Great to see you both for the Normandy Wander.

Thank you for your hints and tips on what to see etc. Excellent.

I promised to let you know the name of the cable lock I used:

http://www.google.co.uk/products/ca...a=X&ei=bFyET7n4Mo_OswanoKW7Bg&ved=0CHYQ8wIwAg

I am seeing Charlie (ChasMill) later in the week and will ask him where the fox holes are still preserved at at Bastogne.

You were telling me about something similar at one of the other sites, I think? Like a fool I have forgotten.... can you jog my memory, please.

Cheers,

Richard

Thanks for the link Richard, just ordered one from Amazon:thumb

The place that we spoke about is a small village on the Somme, called "La Boisselle" , there is an archealogical study group which have been doing an archiological dig in the area for the last year or so. They have uncovered tunnel systems etc, how much is yet available for viewing i dont know but as it happens i do know one of the people working on the dig, not an archeologist but a battle field guide who is helping out, so you never know.

Sorry we didnt thank you last night prior to catching the train, we were ushered straight onto a train once booked in, anyway, thanks again from myself and Anne , a cracking and most enjoyable weekend with good company all round.:thumb

A few photos
6d94c740-f645-c3b7.jpg
Pegasus Bridge
6d94c740-f662-0abd.jpg

Back
Top Bottom