Honda DN01

Is that one of them weird 'Flash Gordon' motorcycles?

G'on then, what was it loike :nenau

Andres

Very very quiet, so you get people stepping out in front of you. :D

The auto works very well, just twist the throttle and go, like a turbine.

Cue ...

... mad dash for MCN classifieds; the style guru has spoken :eek:

Price: £9,000
Engine: 680cc, liquid-cooled, 8-valve V-twin
Power: 60bhp @ 7500rpm
Torque: 47lb.ft @ 6000rpm
Front suspension: 41mm non adjustable
Rear suspension: monoshock, preload adjustable
Front brake: 296mm discs, three-piston calipers
Rear brake: 276mm disc, two-piston caliper
Dry weight: 270kg (claimed)
Seat height: 690mm
Fuel capacity: 15.1l
Top speed: 110mph (est)
Colours: black, purple

Read more: http://www.visordown.com/road-tests...-first-ride-review/11133-3.html#ixzz1dnwBB9wC

Just look what he did for tractor sales after turning up at the Hoggie on one :blast

I've always really liked 'em, especially in that Plum colour that they had at the NEC when it first came out . Was tempted to try one. Honda occasionally do something daring that often is also a sales flop but I think they should be applauded for it. I used to like the old PC800 (Pacific Coast) too as it was well different in its day and boy would I love to have a Rune in the garage.

I must admit I have never seen a DN01 being ridden on the road though. Possibly another example of Honda being slightly ahead of the curve as a number of manufacturers, BMW included, are now seriously looking at big scoots that are closer to a big bike than the usual Silverwing or Burgman. A renewed effort to tempt cagers on to bikes and allow scooterists to have the better performance & handling of a bike but with the practicality/simplicity of a scooter.

Now the old sage of the south has spoken how long will it be before we see a DN-01 sub forum ;)

Now the old sage of the south has spoken how long will it be before we see a DN-01 sub forum ;)

Well i won't be getting a used one until they drop dramatically in price. :D

Have to say this is one bike I really liked when it was announced at the NEC. I'd still quite like one but the used price still seems high for a bike you can't be sure will resell well or continue to be supported for the foreseeable future.

I thought it was the 700 twin as used in the Dull ville.

Welsh guy had one at a hotel I was staying at in the Alps this Summer, he lost it one a bend, I must say, they crash quite well. Bet the parts to repair cost an arm&leg though:D

Back
Top Bottom