Travel To Northern Greece

Moses

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi to the allknowing.

I am hoping to go to northern Greece next year what is the route down the Dalmation Coast like and any problems?. Will be travelling with swimbo so not looking for problems.

many thanks

Moses

The Dalmation coast is stunning and you'll have no problems as far as and including Montenegro. The only place you may get a bit of bother is Albania but I know many people who have travelled there with no issues at all and really love it.
Don't restrict yourself to the coast though. There are some fantastic roads and scenery in Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Montenegro, the accommodation and food are cheaper than on the coast too.
Serbia is also worth a visit, the road along the Danube gorge is well worth the ride and provides an alternative route home.
Give Kosovo a miss though, not so much because of trouble in Kosovo it's self but because of border issues with Serbia/Macedonia once you have a Kosovo stamp in your passport!

Have a good un

Personally I would avoid Albania. Would also advise you check your insurance policy carefully to see which countries you are covered for. If you have travel and/or recovery insurance do the same. With a few exceptions (eg Switzerland -Turkey) most don't cover you outside EU

I'm looking to do the same only the other way (to avoid the increasingly expensive Patras to Ancona ferries), ie from Northern Greece to UK together,like you, with swimbo and she is very loath to go outside of EU countries.

Met someone who had done this but can't remember how they did it.

Back
Top Bottom