Weekend in Moscow

Well.. thats really great. i will definitely taste the food in Moscow... and are there any boat travelling destination. am very much interested to travel in seaways...

Well,i went and got back !! Arrived Friday Evening with Mercury showing -28 :eek: !!
Saturday; Full English at Hotel (4* Holiday Inn) and off for Coach Tour of Moscow Centre. Trip shortened due to Pro and Anti Putin Protests but we saw a fair bit from the Bus and got to walk Red Square area including GUM .

Moscow2012075.jpg

Moscow2012070.jpg

Traditional 4 Course Russian Lunch at a Restaurant off Red Square then off to the Speedway for an 18.00 Start.

Moscow2012008.jpg

Moscow2012015.jpg

Moscow2012045.jpg

Moscow2012052.jpg

Temp hit -30 during the Evening !!!

Sunday; Another Full English then off to the Speedway for a 13.00 Start. Back to the Hotel after the Racing and being the really Adventurous Type,went for a feed;

Moscow2012006.jpg

Moscow2012007.jpg

Yeah,OK.

Monday; Another Full English and after Checking out,took the Metro to Red Square. Not an easy task,given very few Folk seem to speak English and i had not mastered any Russian. I'd been given some basic info about the Metro and it was only 6 Stops . What could Possibly go Wrong ??

I made it OK and retraced our visit to the St Basil's/Kremlin/Red Square area.

Moscow2012073.jpg

Moscow2012071.jpg

Moscow2012077.jpg

After an all too brief look round,it was back to the Hotel for the Coach back to the Airport and the Plane Home. I enjoyed my Visit even though i was the typical "Brit Abroad" (Sorry !! :rolleyes: ) . Don't think i'd be brave enough to go back other than in a Group.

looked great fun Dave :thumb
-30 :eek brrrrrrrr

Back
Top Bottom