Thread: Places & Accommodation in Galicia & North Portugal

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Places & Accommodation in Galicia & North Portugal

Hi folks,
    The wife and I are planning a tour of the northwest corner of Spain and north Portugal in June/July 2012.
    We will arrive by ferry in Gijon and looking for advice on accommodation and places to see.
    Looking for nice scenery - coastal/beaches and inland, hopefully staying in smaller type hotels in small, attractive villages or town.
    We are not culture-vultures so museums and cathedrals etc are only of interest now and again.
    We will probably also include the Picos, but we've been there before so that's ok.
    Any tips/advice/help gratefully received - many thanks.

Cheers..........Grizzly

Hotel del Oso, Cosgaya in the Picos, so good we're going back next year! Good for, the picos, friendly place, great food.

Mundaka, north and east of Bilbao - Hotel Alalya. Good for - very pretty little town, quiet, great food, good base to explore all the other little nooks and crannies nearby.

Youll have a brilliant time Im sure. The whole of northern Spain is brilliant and totally unspoilt. Most people only go to the Picos which are fantastic,but thats great for the rest of us that wish to go that little way further.
    We have stayed in the Parador in Santiago which is a bit on the expensive side but well worth it if you want to spoil yourselves for a couple of nights. There are many smaller,more intimate places to try ,best to do some research before you go. We also tried The Rectoral de Fofe which didnt dissapoint. If your partial to a glass or two of white wine you must try Albarino which is local to this area ,we just couldnt get enough of it .Have fun .

Thanks

Thanks for info so far guys.

Cheers .............Grizzly

Hi grizz you may find this travelogue of some interest it was our tour of that area this year:-

http://gsclubuk.org/forum/showthread.php?t=35392
    2006 Yellow R1200 GSA

Cheers Shaun

Thanks for the link - just the sort of info I'm looking for.
    We intend to get the LD lines crossing from St Nazaire to Gijon this time - we're not too keen on the long crossings and the LD prices are very reasonable whereas the long crossings are I feel a bit steep.

Cheers......... Grizzly

New Member (less than 15 Posts)

Post Re: Places & Accommodation in Galicia & North Portugal

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Hello..
    The link you shared is a great help to me as I am also heading towards the Portugal in the coming month and was looking for the best accommodation. I am glad I visited here and come to know about it. I was wondering to know whether there is any tourist discount also available for the groups?