Barbour Jacket - or even belstaff

John, a straightforward Google search for "Barbour 75th anniversary" and either "green" or "olive" will give you what you want. Barbourbymail sell them as does 'Motorcycle Legends' or something similar sounding. They have the green 75th in their catalogue. I'll give you the website and item number tomorrow if you have no joy. Can be got zfor less than the £250 they are asking though.
Dave

well barbour mail dont have them in my size. have it in size 50 alright, so its XXL. not sure dad tried them on in london the other day, he is L in all barbour but needed an XL in the international.

so i may need the XXL

found the olive on on motolegends as you said

found it also on countryattire with free pair gloves and also £20 cheaper but sadly only in black.

i do like th eolive but with free post,20 cheaper and free £30 gloves its tempting go for the black

well barbour mail dont have them in my size. have it in size 50 alright, so its XXL. not sure dad tried them on in london the other day, he is L in all barbour but needed an XL in the international.

so i may need the XXL

Like i said before, you need at least one size up for normal wear and 2 if you want any kind of shoulder & elbow armour/padding.

Glad we got you there in the end :thumb

Oh, don't forget the 'Pegasus' jacket too. Only in green .....

Dave

I bought Belstaff trialmaster from grand prix legends earlier this year and used it pretty much every day for work and a few biking trips up to Scotland (p*ss$5d it down in September) and general biking, the initial investment of £375.00p was a little steep, but I now think it was worth every penny. One thing I may have chosen the Barbour over the Belstaff for is the fact they do a nice sand coloured one

The Belstaff uses thicker cotton than the Barbour, comes with a thermal waistcoat inner lining and body armour in the shoulders and arms. I went for one size up on my normal size and it easily supports a seperate back protector in the preformed opening, which I use on longer biking trips with the other armour.

Sorry if this repeats what others have said.

cheers, ya it will XL min if not XXL just want see now what one go for, black or olive, olivebit more expensive.

tht was good value for the trailmaster

barbour dealer telling me some owners of the international have been able get bike shops to fit pocket in arms and elbox for armour,

anyone know where i can get this done?

Don't know myself John but I would assume that means stitching throught the outer layer of the jacket as the lining material is pretty flimsy.

Not a problem with wax cotton as long as you use some Barbour thread and put a dob of wax along the seam lines.

Let us know how you get on with the mod'. :thumb2

Dave

go through to them there, barbour said they have done similar work in the past, so they said send in an email explaining what you want and they will forward it to the tailor and jacket makers and they will get back to me with an answer and when can be done.

want get jacket and wear it for a while then maybe at start of Jan or Feb send it over and have work done

go through to them there, barbour said they have done similar work in the past, so they said send in an email explaining what you want and they will forward it to the tailor and jacket makers and they will get back to me with an answer and when can be done.

want get jacket and wear it for a while then maybe at start of Jan or Feb send it over and have work done

I recommend sending it to Barbour sooner rather than later John. I sent my International to them 6 weeks ago to get the rear pockets put on and they said at the time 4-6 weeks. They rang me yesterday to verify my order and said it should get done sometime in the next few weeks. And mine is a simple mod'.

If you want the jacket ready for the next riding season (assuming you don't ride in winter), then get it to them fairly quickly. also, if it gets dirty, they won't work on it. (quite rightly too).

Probably easier to do as well before the jacket starts creasing where you wear it ?

Dave

well i ride all year round. there is no season i wont go out on. but for the 1st few months barbour going be a casual jacket to break it in and then for bike.

i was onto barbour dealer and they said the tailor is a barbour employee so think what they meant is be sent to barbour workshop.

i seen the rear pockets, do any of the jackets come with them on it? i do use the rear pocket a lot of bike jacket.

4-6 weeks man didnt think be that long.

mind if ask what sort of cost would the pockets be?

well i ride all year round. there is no season i wont go out on. but for the 1st few months barbour going be a casual jacket to break it in and then for bike.

i was onto barbour dealer and they said the tailor is a barbour employee so think what they meant is be sent to barbour workshop.

i seen the rear pockets, do any of the jackets come with them on it? i do use the rear pocket a lot of bike jacket.

4-6 weeks man didnt think be that long.

mind if ask what sort of cost would the pockets be?

It's 6 weeks now and I've to wait another 'few weeks' .....

I've got two of the same pockets as the lower front bellows being added to the rear. It was a common 1950's / 60's mod' for ISDT riders.

There WAS a jacket made recently like that - the 75th Special Edition - there was only 75 of each of the new looking and weathered look ones made. Late last year. LONG sold out but were retailing at over £425 :eek: They look the same as the latest Rexton but with a Union Jack rather than Stars & Stripes and the Rexton doesn't have the rear pockets but still sells for £425 .......

Here's a couple of links :
http://www.visordown.com/product-ne...ernational-75th-anniversary-jacket/15891.html

http://www.hipleeds.com/?i=9976

My mod' will cost £70.

Happy to post photos WHEN I get it back if it's of any help.

Dave

Was looking at the Barbour 75th and didn’t mention pockets, but I think I saw one with the flag on the front and some Trials competition date also that had it. wa son the Barbour video.

Look class with pockets but in saying that its also going to be my formal jacket so rear pockets may not be best.

Hmmmmm might look getting a used XXL one off ebay maybe and get armor and pockets fitted to it. That way have 1 good one and another to wreck off road

Yes please do sent pics.

That’s cheap enough for the work I think.

The current 75th and Rexton do not have rear pockets. It was only the Special Edition. All long sold out. The current one with a union jack on it (probably offensive to you to wear anyways ;) ) has no rear pockets and is lined in a crappy union jack material. The Specials were lined in tartan.

You want rear pockets you'll have to go the same way as i. Also a lot cheaper !!

I think getting a used xxl for your armour is the way to go. But I'd still go with a seperate armoured undershirt rather than stitching it in but that's a personal choice thing as I'm not an armour wearer.

Cheers,
Dave

John

I looked for a second hand Belstaff, but they seemed to fetch a premium and some where pretty tatty, in the end as mentioned above, just bit the bullet and bought new. You wont regret it.

Round Yorkshire the Barbour international seems to be the must have Autumn Winter apparel for the best dressed boys and girls on the street.

John

I looked for a second hand Belstaff, but they seemed to fetch a premium and some where pretty tatty, in the end as mentioned above, just bit the bullet and bought new. You wont regret it.

Round Yorkshire the Barbour international seems to be the must have Autumn Winter apparel for the best dressed boys and girls on the street.

wife and parents just ordered me a new international for xmas so thats me sorted

The current 75th and Rexton do not have rear pockets. It was only the Special Edition. All long sold out. The current one with a union jack on it (probably offensive to you to wear anyways ;) ) has no rear pockets and is lined in a crappy union jack material. The Specials were lined in tartan.

You want rear pockets you'll have to go the same way as i. Also a lot cheaper !!

I think getting a used xxl for your armour is the way to go. But I'd still go with a seperate armoured undershirt rather than stitching it in but that's a personal choice thing as I'm not an armour wearer.

Cheers,
Dave

ah flag wouldnt bother me personaly but be more in case someone gets pissy at me, all my own belstaff gear has them on the cuffs and chest so makes no odds when on the road, all load bolox as far as i am concerned.

ya might keep new one for good wear and see about a used one. may get lucky on ebay will keep an eye out

got it in post the other day, great jacket, big baggy but nice fit.

only comments arepitty its so oily compared to my old wax jackets,

single stitching and not double

and had hoped buckle be brass

John, got the Barbour back today so here's the photos

IMG_5255.jpg

The additional rear pockets

IMG_5256.jpg

I'm pleased with the mod and quality of workmanship.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom