Barbour Jacket - or even belstaff

oh yes that looks very well. i am veyr tempted but i think will try get some use out of my own 1st before send it away only after getting it.

thoes pockets do look very good too.

must say XL is rather baggy. half thinking should i go for the L

Glad you like it John.

My Barbour is a 46". That's actually pretty much my suit size so I haven't gone the one size up I would advise most people to do. It leaves me enough room in the body to wear a fleece gilet over a thin wool sweater and T-shirt for cooler weather. If I really wanted to rug up warm, then I would need a size up in order to get an extra layer over my arms. I did have a size smaller but the press studs at the cuffs were too small to be useable over my large wrists. Otherwise it would have been fine for warmer weather but defo not for colder riding. Don't go too tight though as they can get a little warm if you're off-roading and the extra room allows for some ventilation.

Dave :thumb2

ya i am 45.5 so went for a 46 as well.

but they are 5in bigger as standard strangely.

but then again i am usualy a Large in Jacket but Xl in everything else, so least have room frit jumper under it.

might get the fleece layer they have as plan wearing ti through the cold months mainly.

nice jacket must say just pitty buckles are not brass and stitching not double on the arms

must keep eye out for a 2nd hand olive green one or black and put pockets and armour into it for the bike

John, think carefully before buying the expensive Barbour fleece vest. The press studs don't really hold it onto the jacket very well and you end up having to re-assemble it every time after you've taken it off. At least that was what I found. As it press studs to either side of the zipper, you don't get coverage across the very middle and you can't wear it seperately to the wax jacket as it doesn't do up on itself and you'd look a bit 'bohemian' to say the least.

Better off getting a good quality windstopper fleece gilet which you can use on and off the bike as well as for general wear about town or under a goretex for hillwalking etc. Probably cheaper too.

Just my opinion :)

Dave :thumb2

i wouldnt be wearing it on its own, be more instead wearing a jmer, i can wear my whift under it and just a warm jacket.

but thanks for heads up on the buttons,

might see if any of the hunting shops have one and try it out on the jacket

Something like 20,000 miles later I'm still loving my modern Trailmaster -I say modern as it's got armour in the shoulders and elbows.

1137563431_k2N34-L.jpg

Grand Prix Legends sell them - near £400 last time I checked...

Nice jacket, what trousers are they?

Back
Top Bottom