THE ROUTES...39 PASSES...2,200 miles

Joybringer

Reaction score
I've listed the routes as seperate threads, simply so I can keep them organised for editing amendments etc. I will post a GPX file for each route, as the whole file is over 6Mb. If and when I can find some cheap (ie free) online storage, I'll post the entire route as one GPX.

They are all wholly dependent on hotel/room availablity, and may therefore change before I can post revised routes. Some passes have been duplicated as a means to an end.

There is a seperate thread about accommodation and room requirements etc. and to ease the logistics, please do not book your own accommodation yet (unless you want to do something completely different ie different ferry port starting point and meet further down Europe etc.)

I am resonably happy with the routes down to and within the Dolomites and back to France, but I will be looking more closely at the routes to Calais etc.

I have taken your suggestions into account where feasible, and may still require some pointers if accommodation becomes an issue and we need to look elsewhere.

Thank you to those that made suggestions, and due credit to those I've previously ridden with and have donated :toungincheek part of their previous routes and hard work in selecting hotels :thumb

Routes look good:thumb

Are we using potentially Hotel Cristallo in La Villa (Badia) ?

You have named a place Castillo? (just wondered)

Only one observation, from Ravensburg I would use a small road (due east) to pick up the ULM to Bregenz m/way (about 15 mils and then another 15 miles on the m/way) unless you're intending to do the Deutsche Hohe Alpenstrasse towards Fussen area - which is a cracker

It's hard to tell from the mapsource maps

You're doing a cracking job:thumb

Only one observation, from Ravensburg I would use a small road (due east) to pick up the ULM to Bregenz m/way (about 15 mils and then another 15 miles on the m/way) unless you're intending to do the Deutsche Hohe Alpenstrasse towards Fussen area - which is a cracker

It's hard to tell from the mapsource maps

Hmmm...different map sources highlight difefrent road names depending on language, location and stuff - well, at least they do with the sources I have!

I think the answer's YES, if it's known as the B308.

Trying to avoid motorways as a general rule of thumb :thumb2

Hmmm...different map sources highlight difefrent road names depending on language, location and stuff - well, at least they do with the sources I have!

I think the answer's YES, if it's known as the B308.

Trying to avoid motorways as a general rule of thumb :thumb2

Brilliant..................it's all an area that is very familiar to me, but the route home throws some new stuff

Route variances

I have tried to QA the routes, but sometimes it's impossible to see the wood from the trees, and I suspect there will be minor detours on some of the routes due to the propensity of dear old Basecamp/Mapsource to choose, shall we say, unusual diversions.

Please view the first bacth of GPX files as drafts, as I will be fine-tuning them well in time for the trip.

I've posted the whole file on the tinternet a little nearer the time.

Can't fooking wait till June now...

Routes

Mark

Have been perusing your posts on this trip but I cannot come on your dates, well jealous. I'm already due to visit my sister in Rimini earler in June, but looking at the routes you've posted... stuff Ryanair/Jet2 etc, I'm going by bike :thumb2

I'm afraid I'm stealing your hard work! Looks great and you seemed to have taken your experience and that of others to draw a cracking route plan, so if imitation is the greatest form of flattery then consider yourself truly plagiarised! Thank you! :bow

So if any of you come across loose bits of a GSA on your route, they'll probably be mine!

Hope you have fun and your numbers start to settle soon!

Al

As mentioned earlier that I was 'borrowing' the routes at least in part... A now I the 1st night stop at the Chateau de Harze. Very quiet, am the only guest! 👀

Back
Top Bottom