Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Accommodation

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    The routes are easier for me if they are split into smaller files. I'm still using the trusty old 2610 so I have to run them through Mapsource to make them compatible with the older map format then save them to the 2610. Small file sizes work better.

As for riding between the hotels, I tend to do my own thing during the day and aim to get to the destination late afternoon to relax with a few beers before dinner.
    This space deliberately left blank as the author writes too much pretentious bollocks as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by wessie View Post
    The routes are easier for me if they are split into smaller files. I'm still using the trusty old 2610 so I have to run them through Mapsource to make them compatible with the older map format then save them to the 2610. Small file sizes work better.

As for riding between the hotels, I tend to do my own thing during the day and aim to get to the destination late afternoon to relax with a few beers before dinner.

It's been a while since I tinkered with a 2610 and MapSource - are GPX files OK, or are GDBs better?

I'll do individual days and one large file with everything in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joybringer View Post
    It's been a while since I tinkered with a 2610 and MapSource - are GPX files OK, or are GDBs better?

both are fine as long as I do a "save as" in the "non NT" version of Mapsource before uploading
    This space deliberately left blank as the author writes too much pretentious bollocks as it is.

re special itinerary

Can i have a separate list of the dogging spots please ?.
    This trips looking better with each passing day, what with (multiple cols, beer and now dogging) bring it on !!!!!!!!!!!.

thats good for me too, will you flag this up when the threads are updated with the final versions of the routes???
    looking forward to this trip, I like the idea of smaller groups of bikes, hopefully one of which will take pity on billy nomates!

Single days will be better for me, and it will allow me time to catch up as as I will dragging the tent behind (I'll try and remember to fold it up first )
    [SIGPIC]http://www.ukgser.com/forums/image.php?u=1024240&type=sigpic&dateline=1267183772 [SIGPIC]

Apologies for my tardiness...

...but have had a few little issues at work to sort.

Anyhow, I haven't made any changes to the route files yet, and even if I do, they will be minimal. However, as time is galloping on, I've made all the individual routes 'shared' again, which means you can download them (or anyone on the site) to start taking a peek and making sure they work on your particular device. If you've contacted me via GoogleDocs, all the files are now shared so you should be able to download any enjoy.

Presently, the single routes are in GPX format (was easier for me when I created them) and the main file, including all the routes in one sitting, is GDB format. It's my intention to have them all in both formats (belt and braces) within 2/3 weeks.

In that vein, I'm hoping, if things go to plan, to have them all finalised over Easter.

You should know that the routes have been created with the latest map version from Saint Garmin, the Patron Saint of UKGSer Tossers, but there should be sufficient embedded waypoints to stop you going too far off-piste if you have slightly older versions.

If you notice any minor 'detours' please let me know, and I'll put them right.

As soon as I've finalised the routes, I'll delete all the others, and make it clear which are to be used.

Can't believe it's so close now! Bring it on!

Play nicely, now.

Quote Originally Posted by russ996duke View Post
    tI like the idea of smaller groups of bikes, hopefully one of which will take pity on billy nomates!

Of course.

Of course.

Right mes amis...

...all the hotels have now confirmed the final rooming arrangements, so we're all set bed-wise.

There have been no further requests or reminders for deposits, which makes the whole thing a lot easier to manage and saves swapping cash about or whatever. However, there may still be a last minute request, so I'll let you know as soon as I do, and cross that bridge when we get to it

Anyone as excited as me??

Bonjour ma petit pois

The recent amendments to hotel rooms and deposits have all now been confirmed, and we are all set!

Just to clarify, the deposits we have paid will be offset against the cost of the rooms for the 1st night in Harzé (Belgium) and the 4 days in La Villa (Italy). There's probably a few pence/pounds over in the excahnges rates, and I'll sort that on the night, either as beer tokens or cash, whatever y'all want. I'll create a proper breakdown in due course.

We simply need to individually settle hotel/bar/ladyboy bills when we leave each hotel.

Roll on the 17th June

Just had 6 days in the Dolomites staying at the Condor Hotel hope you all have as good a time as we did!
    Cheers

accomadation folkstone

arrive,n in folkstone fri evening presumably soakin wet by the looks of it ,should i prebook accomadtion or will it be handy enough

Quote Originally Posted by flash of the gap View Post
    arrive,n in folkstone fri evening presumably soakin wet by the looks of it ,should i prebook accomadtion or will it be handy enough
    I'm not arriving until Sat PM as my tunnel crossing is on Sunday

see this thread to see where people are staying http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292238

Quote Originally Posted by flash of the gap View Post

have a look at this website,
    http://www.new-inn.info/bed.html
    it lists a few B&Bs, I have used "one step beyond" in the past and its fine, also very handy for the chunnel, altho as the tour starts on sunday, did you mean arriving sat night soaking wet rather than fri night??

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast