Accommodation

Joybringer

Reaction score
Right...time to get a firm idea of who wants a particular type of room. ie single, twin, double, superior, etc. I need to know fairly soon in order to start booking rooms - a number of hotels seem to be filling up even now...

There are potentially 15 of us now, so it will almost certainly affect the type and number of rooms I can source, and could perhaps mean we are split between 2 hotels in the same location. Clearly I will try to avoid the latter, but please be aware of the risk - it could happen, and I won't necessarily have the time or ability to keep juggling the bookings, so please bear with me.

As I always go single, I'm used to paying more for a room, sometimes even laying out for a double room for single use. As I say, I don't mind that and factor it in to my budget. I suspect that most of us intending to go are fairly seasoned, so apologies if I'm teaching you to suck eggs, but I doubt if they'll be scope for me to keep sourcing the cheapest option at every location, but I'll do my best. With that in mind, please can you all start replying to this thread with your room requirements - including those who are 'maybes'. If you want to share with someone, say so below, and I'll pair you up as best I can.

I'll start...

Me - single every hotel, double/twin if necessary

Single preferred where possible/practical but happy to share a twin if space is limited, I draw the line at sharing a double though :eek

for the benefit of harmonious relations and to save me getting a trainer sized bruise on my head again, a single room please

Re room

Single for me please.
John (jon12a)

Hmmm...I've taken an executive decision and have booked (or am trying to)

14 single rooms - for all except cookie

2 double/twin rooms - 1 for cookie +1

This will give enough beds for the original number expressing an interest, and allow for anyone else reading the thread that wants to tag along.

The original 'deffos' and 'maybes' will have first dibs on these, and I will need to start getting 'absolute deffos' very, very, soon.

I already have 2 names in reserve...

Please note, at least 2 hotels have asked for deposits, which I am presently refusing to pay on the grounds of the dodgy Eurozone, but we may well have to part with €100 or so, nearer the leaving date. Obviously, under the circumstances, I will drag this out as long as I can.

Watch this space.

:beerjug:

Quick update:

Work has been silly, so haven't had a chance to update routes or list the accommodation here, but I think I have it almost complete - perhaps one or two hotels still to answer.

I'll post revised routes and all the accommodation details as soon as I can, but may not be until the weekend of 16/17 Dec.

On another note, I'm giving out my card details like a Pools winner, so will need really firm, absolute, definates from the 'maybes' very soon - probably first week of Jan.

That is all...

:eek

Very quick update -

Just waiting on one hotel to confirm prices and availability.

The return leg has changed due to the unavailability of some hotels, including some that were recommended :mad:, and all will be revealed asap.

:D

Quicker quick update...

Last hotel has responded favourably, so I'll endeavour to get route files and hotel details up here by Sunday afternoon.

:JB

Due to my amazing ability to snore probably best for a single,
but willing to share twin room with anyone who's deaf :eek

Back
Top Bottom