Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tour dates...

Tour dates...

I have to put a line in the sand, so I'm planning the routes there and back via the Chunnel and Calais, which is a geographically ideal location for me. However, I know that some of you will prefer other crossings.

To that end, I think it would be sensible to start the tour and stay the first night on Sunday 17 June. This should allow enough time for those that need the Hull or Portsmouth crossings, for example, to make their own way to the first night's accommodation.

If we follow the posted routes, that means the last night will be Thursday 28 June, returning to Calais (wherever) on Friday 29 June, ready for the journey home through the UK.

EDITED DATES

www.humvee-graphics.com Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I have doubts about doing the whole trip from Thursday 5 July, returning Friday 6 July as I am self employed, I will have to make a call nearer the time, it may mean that I may join you later in the trip or leave earlier,we'll see.
    Visit our web shop for stickers/graphics/pannier wrap kits for your GS/Adventure bike
    web shop; www.humvee-graphics.com The originals and the best
    Limited range of our products available on e-bay, our shop; humveegraphics
    Facebook; http://www.facebook.com/humveegraphics

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    [consults new Carole Nash calendar]

In principle, yes, to the dates.

This is subject to confirmation of the dates with my new employer when I start on 5th Dec. 2011.
    This space deliberately left blank as the author writes too much pretentious bollocks as it is.

Just looked at the Hotel Cristallo website - they are listing the Dolomites Marathon in the weekend 28/6 to 01/7 and their rates are higher as a consequence. The rate increase doesn't bother me but the impact on the roads needs to be acknowledged.

http://www.maratona.it/info/courses2012/en has the marathon route and it seems to conflict with the planned ride from the hotel back to Austria which is on 1st July, isn't it? Getting anywhere south of the hotel is going to be a PITA looking at the map.
    This space deliberately left blank as the author writes too much pretentious bollocks as it is.

Happy with the dates.
    Thanks

Ok

Dates are fine by me.

DATES SET AT 17 JUNE, RETURNING 29 JUNE

As the subtitle says, the dates are:

Sunday 17 June to Friday 29 June

I'll have to run these dates by "new boss" - I was scheduled to start tomorrow but HR bureaucracy means there is a delay whilst they trace my ancestory back to the English Civi War. They only offered me the job on 21st October...

Quote Originally Posted by wessie View Post
    I'll have to run these dates by "new boss" - I was scheduled to start tomorrow but HR bureaucracy means there is a delay whilst they trace my ancestory back to the English Civi War. They only offered me the job on 21st October...

Tell them they were pre-booked

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Joybringer View Post
    Tell them they were pre-booked

Good luck!
    That's the plan and the way they have been dicking about I will be expecting them to be accommodating. Need to actually start first and it would be nice to have 6 months of wages before travelling ... although the finances are there for the trip should the job fall through, just that I'd be using the 12 year old R-GS not a shiny new something or other.

Quote Originally Posted by 2 wheel humvee View Post
    I have doubts about doing the whole trip from Thursday 5 July, returning Friday 6 July as I am self employed, I will have to make a call nearer the time, it may mean that I may join you later in the trip or leave earlier,we'll see.

HOGRAOST 2012 10th Anniversary

www.humvee-graphics.com Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Joybringer View Post
    As the subtitle says, the dates are:

Sunday 17 June to Friday 29 June
    Quote Originally Posted by BAKERMAN View Post
    HOGRAOST 2012 10th Anniversary
    No problem, proposed dates are now as above so no dates clash
    Booked a band yet Steve?
    Visit our web shop for stickers/graphics/pannier wrap kits for your GS/Adventure bike
    web shop; www.humvee-graphics.com The originals and the best
    Limited range of our products available on e-bay, our shop; humveegraphics
    Facebook; http://www.facebook.com/humveegraphics

Hi, Are there any places still available on this trip?
    I have just bought a 1200 GSA and this sounds like the just sort of trip it was bought for.

Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by Podrick View Post
    Hi, Are there any places still available on this trip?
    I have just bought a 1200 GSA and this sounds like the just sort of trip it was bought for.

Adrian
    Hi Adrian

There is currently one space - if you'd like that I'll give you first dibs until you can reply as a 'deffo'!

How's that?

Be good to meet you.

Tour dates

pm sent

Quote Originally Posted by redpadraig View Post
    pm sent

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast