Tour dates...

Joybringer

Reaction score
I have to put a line in the sand, so I'm planning the routes there and back via the Chunnel and Calais, which is a geographically ideal location for me. However, I know that some of you will prefer other crossings.

To that end, I think it would be sensible to start the tour and stay the first night on Sunday 17 June. This should allow enough time for those that need the Hull or Portsmouth crossings, for example, to make their own way to the first night's accommodation.

If we follow the posted routes, that means the last night will be Thursday 28 June, returning to Calais (wherever) on Friday 29 June, ready for the journey home through the UK.

EDITED DATES

I have doubts about doing the whole trip from Thursday 5 July, returning Friday 6 July as I am self employed, I will have to make a call nearer the time, it may mean that I may join you later in the trip or leave earlier,we'll see.

[consults new Carole Nash calendar]

In principle, yes, to the dates.

This is subject to confirmation of the dates with my new employer when I start on 5th Dec. 2011.

Just looked at the Hotel Cristallo website - they are listing the Dolomites Marathon in the weekend 28/6 to 01/7 and their rates are higher as a consequence. The rate increase doesn't bother me but the impact on the roads needs to be acknowledged.

http://www.maratona.it/info/courses2012/en has the marathon route and it seems to conflict with the planned ride from the hotel back to Austria which is on 1st July, isn't it? Getting anywhere south of the hotel is going to be a PITA looking at the map.

I'll have to run these dates by "new boss" - I was scheduled to start tomorrow but HR bureaucracy means there is a delay whilst they trace my ancestory back to the English Civi War. They only offered me the job on 21st October...

I'll have to run these dates by "new boss" - I was scheduled to start tomorrow but HR bureaucracy means there is a delay whilst they trace my ancestory back to the English Civi War. They only offered me the job on 21st October...

Tell them they were pre-booked :D

Good luck!

Tell them they were pre-booked :D

Good luck!

That's the plan and the way they have been dicking about I will be expecting them to be accommodating. Need to actually start first and it would be nice to have 6 months of wages before travelling ... although the finances are there for the trip should the job fall through, just that I'd be using the 12 year old R-GS not a shiny new something or other.

Hi, Are there any places still available on this trip?
I have just bought a 1200 GSA and this sounds like the just sort of trip it was bought for.

Adrian

Hi, Are there any places still available on this trip?
I have just bought a 1200 GSA and this sounds like the just sort of trip it was bought for.

Adrian

Hi Adrian

There is currently one space - if you'd like that I'll give you first dibs until you can reply as a 'deffo'!

How's that?

Be good to meet you.

:beerjug:

I have doubts about doing the whole trip from Thursday 5 July

Back
Top Bottom