Shoei Neotec

On my Schuberth S1 you can have the inner sun visor either shaped or straight across. Just moved mine to the straight across as when it was partially down I found the waviness irritating.

No i havent used it in the rain yet. BUT, as i cannot feel any cold air i think it will be OK.

The sun visor is good. I dont know about the C3, but my old C2 sun visor was just a straight shape at the bottom which let in a lot of light. On the Neotec its a shaped sun visor so it covers more of the face. To put it in to perspective the cutout around the nose finishes quite close to the bottom end of my nose.:thumb hope this helps.

Top man :thumb2

Not so good review

Well I've only used it a couple of times, and the bloomin things started to fall apart :mad:
First noticed that the chin curtain was hanging down on 1 side, a bit of investigation and I find that all the bits on the chin bar are falling apart. :eek:

Its gone back to Feridax today, and I'm waiting for there report. :augie

Well I've only used it a couple of times, and the bloomin things started to fall apart :mad:
First noticed that the chin curtain was hanging down on 1 side, a bit of investigation and I find that all the bits on the chin bar are falling apart. :eek:

Its gone back to Feridax today, and I'm waiting for there report. :augie

Oh dear doesn't sound good.
Hope you get sorted quickly with no hassle. Keep us informed mate. :thumb2

Anyone done a ride report yet? :thumb2

I have now clocked over a thousand miles in mine, in just over a month.

I have not been troubled by bits falling off.

The sun visor works well. Not as good as a really dark visor but more convenient for sure. I will trade off the deficiency in exchange for not carting a spare visor around.

Works well with Scala G4 and custom made monitors.

I have not been troubled by the 'Non-European' vent.

Ridden in torrential rain, no misting, no condensation, no leaks.

All in all, very happy.

I have now clocked over a thousand miles in mine, in just over a month.

I have not been troubled by bits falling off.

The sun visor works well. Not as good as a really dark visor but more convenient for sure. I will trade off the deficiency in exchange for not carting a spare visor around.

Works well with Scala G4 and custom made monitors.

I have not been troubled by the 'Non-European' vent.

Ridden in torrential rain, no misting, no condensation, no leaks.

All in all, very happy.

Excellent, thanks very much. :thumb2

I'm guessing a lot better than a Multitec and I read they are quieter.
Cheers

Sent mine back and received full refund. Great service from HG.
Now I don't know what to buy!

I'm also very happy with my Neotec.

I've now done 2000+miles (mostly in the rain), and its been brilliant.

Its very light and comfy.
The sun shield is the best i've used - both optically and functionally.
The visor is excellent – no water ingress or drafts.
The ratchet buckle system is excellent.
The vents are the best that I’ve used on a helmet..ever.
The built quality is as you’d expect from Shoei – excellent.

My only slight gripe, is that my Scala G4 headset was a bugger to fit.
I wasn’t happy with it clamped on, and I now have it stuck on the side.
However, the cut-outs for the speakers are perfect and very comfy with the padded ear inserted pads over them.

Overall though a Brilliant bit of kit.

Score: 9.5 / 10
:clap

I'm also very happy with my Neotec.

I've now done 2000+miles (mostly in the rain), and its been brilliant.

Its very light and comfy.
The sun shield is the best i've used - both optically and functionally.
The visor is excellent – no water ingress or drafts.
The ratchet buckle system is excellent.
The vents are the best that I’ve used on a helmet..ever.
The built quality is as you’d expect from Shoei – excellent.

My only slight gripe, is that my Scala G4 headset was a bugger to fit.
I wasn’t happy with it clamped on, and I now have it stuck on the side.
However, the cut-outs for the speakers are perfect and very comfy with the padded ear inserted pads over them.

Overall though a Brilliant bit of kit.

Score: 9.5 / 10
:clap

Good to hear, I have one ordered which I should collect this weekend.

Currently using a C3 but its a fraction too small although its been a great lid. Be interesting to compare them before the C3 goes.:thumb

I was also unhappy with the amount of water leaking onto the inside of the visor, I did about 500 miles and mostly in the rain and it was a constant problem, along with the vent.

Read all about it

Well I heard back from Feridax today;
They agree that mine looks like it was built on a late Friday afternoon, and is a piece of cack :mad:
They are going to replace it free of charge :D
BUT I've got to wait for another 4-6 weeks for stock of my size to come in from Japan :p1zzed:

BUT2 they have bodged my current lid and are returning it so I can at least have something to use :comfort

Neil

Rode to work and back in the rain. One thing i did notice was that the drops of rain ran down the visor in droplets, my old system 6 and Aaria would disperse the rain to the sides. This did happen once i got up to about 55+MPH.
Not a problem at all just an observation.

Still think its more noisy than the syst 6 tho

Also noticed the flip up front shuts with a satisfying 'click' but needs more pressure than my old flip front

I was also unhappy with the amount of water leaking onto the inside of the visor, I did about 500 miles and mostly in the rain and it was a constant problem, along with the vent.

got one myself last week, wasnt happy with the ammount of rain leaking on the inside of the visor, but with a bit of tweaking of the side screws its fine now, lot of wind coming in the top vent tho!! otherwise great helmet, sunvisor works a treat

Had the same problem with my top vent being a bit draughty even tho' being fully closed. I was told about the different vent for the northern hemesphere & it's been replaced today, it's cured :clap the only visable difference is the new vent baseplate has about a 3mm lip on the very front edge to prevent the air getting thru when closed. Big :thumb2 HG Stoke

I just ordered a new Neotec and it's taking three weeks to come as none in stock, are they being fitted with the modified vent as standard or only if you have a problem and ask for it?

Have owned my neotec for about 2 months. Decided to relace my multitec and treat myself before i went on a recent trip,i noticed the draught on first ride and having spent over £400 i was not a happy bunny, phoned helmet city (bridport) to complain and to be fair they were very helpful they phoned feridax and then ordered and fitted the vent mod while i waited.
Now i find the helmet very quiet no draught, have not had an issue with rain on inside of visor (yet) and the drop down visor is great.
Good helmet but for the price it shoulb be.

Back
Top Bottom