Quest mount

The Phantom Pieman said:
Is that the only difference between the std and the MVG?

Or is there more to it than rubber bushing. There is no product information on the site re the differences ... other than the price!

See above... There were a couple of Quest failures reported here previously, that swayed me towards the isolated one. Granted I think I've only ever been offroad once, (in the field at Weyhill :)) but there's potholes everywhere, and one good jolt might just cock it up.

ianf said:

It makes it a bit bouncy, but if it stops it getting rattled to death....

I've got the locking one, dunno if I'd trust the lever mechanism on it's own, it seems positive enough but I wonder what'd happen if you hit a pothole.

Also I quite often want to pop into the house, cornershop, petrol station, so the lock was a no brainer.

I've got the cable on order. I just searched the TT.de support forum, and it looks like another couple of weeks before they will be shipping the lead. :mad:

tt.de forum here

I translated it in babelfish, to get the gist in English:-

Unfortunately I have straight out our manufacturing experienced that our cable also
the kind number 01-065-0257-0. Price 47, €. This is the cable "also" audio socket "
for the connection of that normal TT Headset, only off presumably
KW of 08 that will be available 25.02.2005. :confused:

This must be the hottest topic within this forum. I saw Fanum earlier today and again we discussed a Quest Power lead.

I posted this reply a few days ago within the Forum and feel its neded to be repeated.

"I spoke to the GPSW cable maker guy yesterday who has now married it to the RAM GA15 cradle and can be used 'electrically' with an existing connector but it shall need a new connector casing. Its still some weeks away and I shall start a new forum thread on this subject when exacting details are known. The previous forum replies to the cable wish list have been considered (eg 0.5m with BMW plug or 1m bare wire end) and with V2.9 firmware it shall remove the need of a volume control. A voltage regulator is needed and will be incorporated as an inline device unlike the Garmin bike mount kit where the cable is part of their cradle kit (not a separate item and the voltage regulator is in the holder casing) ".

So the Garmin cable on its own is useless, for the reasons given. The TT forum link is unclear as to what they offer and you get other than in their domestic market it costs 47 Euros.

RAM-man

I know what you mean. Yosi and I discussed this at the Ace Cafe on sunday.

They must be including a voltage regulator if it comes with a plug on the end, as it's going to be quest specific, and it only wants 5v. I also imagine that the plug is there because it's not intended to be hardwired to a permanent live, given the regulator would flatten your battery if left across it permanently even with the quest off the cradle.

When mine comes I'll chop the plug off and give it 12v switched unless there's an obvious downside to this. (I can imagine it might draw a fair current to recharge the li-ion battery given the adapter you get with it is rated 5V 1A. and piggybacking the rear brake light ala-autocom would be a no-no).

RAM-man said:
This must be the hottest topic within this forum. I saw Fanum earlier today and again we discussed a Quest Power lead.

RAM-man

Hi Steve...nice to meet you again.

Just FYI, the diamond plate needs a tiny bit of filing to clear the bolt on the back of the rubber mounting pole (touratech Quest mount).....I've fitted it, but will have to take it off again to take a mil or so off the edge for a good fit.

Looks damn good though, and it's all rock solid ;) :D

Cheers
Bill

Attachments

• picture-7.jpg
    picture-7.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 237
There is a lot of discussion about the correct voltage required for the Quest.

I have ordered this from GPS City in the US ....

questcradlepo.jpg

... I am presuming this will connect direct to the battery (using an in-line fuse), or is there something else I need ?

Back
Top Bottom