Tell me about Wales

Paul thanks for the Mapsource routes, they look good, and one starts very near one of our camping spots.:beerjug:

All I need now are a few good cafe's

Aberaeron chip shop and cafe on Market street and opposite Victoria street on the corner of the Harbour.

There's a small car park next door and the cafe can host about 50 so plenty of room.

The yanks will love the town :thumb2

Well my Welsh adventure is fast approaching, but it now looks as though only one septic will be joing us, as work and health problems have grounded the other two.

As it gets closer and I have an idea where we are going, I shall let you know, in case you fancy a beer with us.:thumb2

Been and back, just before the weather came good, still had a great time, on some fantastic roads. Did the Elan valley:thumb2 found a nice little cafe in Pencader, and camped on a motorcycle friendly site on the hill above New Inn, hot showers and great roads there too.
Weather was mostly cold and crap, but Wales and the Welsh people were fantastic as usual, now if they could only learn to play Rugby I could be interested in moving over there.:clap

Camp at New Inn

p642186899.jpg

more here...

http://kevindean.zenfolio.com/p260751333/slideshow

The Ranges

I've recently discovered the single track road through the old firing range east of Bronaber near Trawsfynydd. Special place.

Wales

I have just arrived home from Wales and you must take them onto the following:

Machynlleth B4518, follow all the way into the Elan valley and then over the Mountain pass into Devils Bridge, best road I have ever riden, its perfect.

Also just stayed in Brecom and visited a couple of pubs within a village called Talybont-on-Usk, best was the Star Inn, local food and ales. Additionally I stayed at the local Youth Hostel which was perfect just on the edge of the reservoir (YHA Danywenallt).

To be honest I found a great deal of the B roads became single track with lots of blind bends so going wasn't the quickest. Pick the right A roads and you will be fine stay away from main artirray roads and all will be good.

A good sources for places to see is the YHA website and connect to any of the establishments and they generally have local attraction info etc.

Enjoy

Nigel

PS I am going back in May 2013 with a mate it was so good.

I have just arrived home from Wales and you must take them onto the following:

Machynlleth B4518, follow all the way into the Elan valley and then over the Mountain pass into Devils Bridge, best road I have ever riden, its perfect.

Also just stayed in Brecom and visited a couple of pubs within a village called Talybont-on-Usk, best was the Star Inn, local food and ales. Additionally I stayed at the local Youth Hostel which was perfect just on the edge of the reservoir (YHA Danywenallt).

To be honest I found a great deal of the B roads became single track with lots of blind bends so going wasn't the quickest. Pick the right A roads and you will be fine stay away from main artirray roads and all will be good.

A good sources for places to see is the YHA website and connect to any of the establishments and they generally have local attraction info etc.

Enjoy

Nigel

PS I am going back in May 2013 with a mate it was so good.

Told you:thumb

I should be living in Wales full time by may 2013 so when I have my new house Tea pot will be on:thumb

Magwa:thumb

Back
Top Bottom