Future Classics that are cheap to buy now?

P1030786-2-1.jpg

Cor !!!!!! wonder where i could get one of those.

I don't think I'd buy any Bandit thinking it would one day be a classic bike.
The trouble is with 95% of Jap bikes is that its like saying you've bought a mint 1990 Toyota Starlett as an investment.

+1
At the end of the day they are just a UJM, and a budget one at that.

Any of the fast Jap' two strokes.....we all know about 350LC/RD400 prices, but 'Powervalves' are now hitting five grand :eek: 'Better than money in the bank' is a well used phrase, but they ....etc....etc.....Plus RS 250 Aprilia, and possibly the little 7 speed Cagive Mito.

As said, VFR750...last model. Every 'biker' should own one at some time in their lives, it just does everything and never sounds stressed. (I know, needs stainless headers :rob)

SP1 and SP2......Drop dead gorgeous HRC 'bikes. One day I WILL have a white SP2 :cool: :cool: :cool:

1150 GSA..Last of the seriously good build quality BMWs (IMHO) Make sure it ain't got the servos, and jobs a good 'un.

First GSXR 750S....The slabby thing with that nasty exhaust shield.

Early 'Fireblades'....'Urban Tiger' painjob...:bow

Sorry, but my imagination is starting to run away with me, so my 'No1 cheap today, classic tomorrow' is.......Round headlight Triumph Speed Triple.

As ever, WTF do I know?......:)

Any of the fast Jap' two strokes.....we all know about 350LC/RD400 prices, but 'Powervalves' are now hitting five grand :eek: 'Better than money in the bank' is a well used phrase, but they ....etc....etc.....Plus RS 250 Aprilia, and possibly the little 7 speed Cagive Mito.

As said, VFR750...last model. Every 'biker' should own one at some time in their lives, it just does everything and never sounds stressed. (I know, needs stainless headers :rob)

SP1 and SP2......Drop dead gorgeous HRC 'bikes. One day I WILL have a white SP2 :cool: :cool: :cool:

1150 GSA..Last of the seriously good build quality BMWs (IMHO) Make sure it ain't got the servos, and jobs a good 'un.

First GSXR 750S....The slabby thing with that nasty exhaust shield.

Early 'Fireblades'....'Urban Tiger' painjob...:bow

Sorry, but my imagination is starting to run away with me, so my 'No1 cheap today, classic tomorrow' is.......Round headlight Triumph Speed Triple.

As ever, WTF do I know?......:)

Agree with all that:thumb

Not a kwak fan myself but ZRX1100 or the last of the ZRX12s :nenau

Was always a Honda man myself , RC30s and RC45s already too pricey but you can still get VF1000Rs at sensible money. NC30 ?

VF1000R`s were never really any good at what they were intended for so I can`t see them doing much.
The NC30`s are already pretty expensive for a good original one, particularly in the RWB RC30 colours.

Cor !!!!!! wonder where i could get one of those.

For some reason there always seem to be quite a few for sale here in NZ. More than most other BMW models. Maybe the rest of us are riding our bikes rather than trying to sell them. Never having ridden a K1 I have no idea which I'd be doing if I owned one. What am I saying? I live with GS ugly but...

I reckon the Zane Laverdas are worth a punt .£2k - £3k at the moment , i reckon they will only go up . 916SP is a blue chipper , good original low mileage RGV 250 , stick it away. If after all that you have £5k left , try to find a Husqvarna Nox .:cool:

many of the bikes mentioned on this thread fail the criteria of being cheap now (eg. most japanese two strokes).

water cooled laverdas just fail generally :)

"many of the bikes mentioned on this thread fail the criteria of being cheap now (eg. most japanese two strokes)."

Many of the bikes mentioned in this thread are as cheap as they will ever be . If a 10 grand bike now is worth 14 grand in five years .Congrats , you got yourself a cheap motorcycle .:D Not being able to afford 10 grand is different , the bikes still cheap , but i`m afraid you`re out of the game .:comfort

Many of the bikes mentioned in this thread are as cheap as they will ever be . If a 10 grand bike now is worth 14 grand in five years .Congrats , you got yourself a cheap motorcycle .:D Not being able to afford 10 grand is different , the bikes still cheap , but i`m afraid you`re out of the game .:comfort

one of us has missed the point.

I can't believe anyone hasn't mentioned the first R1 yet?? I think the price will rise 'towards' £10K in a few years, have been thinking about one for some time, can't decide on the most desirable colour though, (prob red/white).

Aprilia 250 two stroke twin.When was the last time you saw one? As two strokes are already getting rare and these are so beautiful and have race pedigree,I'm sure it will be up there.

I'm kinda hoping my K1100RS will be a classic one day. Certainly prices seem to be holding up quite well at the moment. Trouble is they go on for ever so they're not exactly rare yet.

I'm kinda hoping my K1100RS will be a classic one day. Certainly prices seem to be holding up quite well at the moment. Trouble is they go on for ever so they're not exactly rare yet.

I'm not sure I want any of my bikes to achieve classic status as that may imply rare and expensive parts which I certainly don't want.

I'd imagine any bike older than 10-15 years with a low mileage and in standard original condition will be highly desirable. Much more so than an over restored bike of the same make and age.

I'm not sure I want any of my bikes to achieve classic status as that may imply rare and expensive parts which I certainly don't want.

Good point , well made.

So we need something inexpensive, different, probably not popular in its time, but sold well enough to have reasonable spares supply, that is also interesting enough that others will admire but not so much that they will covet it.;)

Back
Top Bottom