Green Laning

Ride out ...

Sounds like a plan, the right size group for a weekend, hopefully the Nodds may make it too.

Look forward to seeing you at Walkers.:bounce1

Richard

Team Flatlanders

Sat Feb 18th in Thetford anyone?

Does anyone fancy meeting in Thetford Area Sat 18th Feb?

I have ridden around Thetford once before but would like to do it more. I don't have a GS, I've got a Transalp and a DR250.

x marks the spot is having issues site must be down hope its not permanent

meeting place is 52.341055,0.535626 according to google maps is the gps didgits

its walkers cafe just off the fiveways roundabout

Address
Brandon Road ,
Mildenhall
IP28 7HZ
Tel: (01638) 711266.
Opening Times
Sun - Sat: 07:00-17:00

Serving Times
Sun Sat: 07:00-17:00

OK guys. We meet at Walkers Cafe, Thetford Forest Park, Suffolk or 52.341055,0.535626 on Google Maps at 9.30 a.m. on Sunday the 15th Jan.

PS I think the post code given by Hornet and on the Cafe's website is wrong. Use the map coordinates or just go to the 5 ways roundabout and drive a few yards down the Brandon Rd.
:D

bikes

wr 450 or a honda c90 depends how fast you want to go????

best bring the c90 mate if im leading

oh and dont take the mickey and come past me as i may cry (again)

ok i was just really checking that we were all on the same sort of machinery

mind you its that dry i might bring my rsv

mike

WR250R for me, first time I've ridden it though, should be fun:rolleyes:

scottie your not wrong mate , one of our trf guys has a 74 honda sl125 and probably has as much fun as anyone apart from the longer road sections

To all, my number if you cant make it or are running late or whatever

07789 547071

At the start of the ride i will show where abouts we are going if your less familier with the area,get everyones In Case of Emergency numbers, discuss fuel range, fill ups, deffo an idea to bring a drop to drink and an energy/snack bar or two mind you its gonna be chilly so the flask might even come out

looking forward to it

hornet/mike

Looks like you're all going on pogo's. Shame, cos even though I'm an experienced off-roader (know the forest very well) I only have a lardy old 1150 GS. :( There's a bunch of ABR guys meeting up at the Angel pub by Snetterton tomorrow lunchtime and I think some of them are going into the forest in the afternoon. You may well meet them coming in the opposite direction. Have fun! :thumb2

Got my new front tyre fitted this morning and did the summer to winter wheel swap this afternoon on the DRZ.

Its Blue and has a new front tyre so very easy to spot.

Will be out on the lanes later in the morning and will possibly meet up this end as you all come through.

noddy

looking forward to seeing that little red hat and hearing your little bell:bounce1

Sunday

Sorry, but I will not be there, working until at least 2am tonight and back at the grindstone at 3pm in the afternoon. Pity, weather looks good. If anyone is out and about next weekend, I`m off work from Thursday through to Sunday:)

Thank you very much everyone. Six runners and riders initially that turned into seven during the day. I was the green lane virgin amongst a number of experienced riders. However everybody was very kind and didn't look exasperated when they had to wait at various junctions for me to catchup - I was never that far behind. Really.
Ultimately I decided a whole day was a bit much for an old fart who hadn't ridden in the "standing up all the time position" for any length of time before. My triceps and quadriceps were starting to feel the strain!
Got some phone numbers and met some really nice guys. Will definitely do it again soon.
PS Didn't come off but had a couple of 'moments'. Used the old adage of 'give it some wellie' when the back wanted to catch the front up and it miraculously straightened up and went straight ahead without further incident ...................... :clap

no problem mate its a totally new skill/feeling and the idea of the bike moving around as much as it does can feel very strange. The standing thing wont take long at all to get used to and the various muscles will get acustomed to the different positions to

next time your free drop me an email and we can arrange another outing

mike

day out

thanks for a great day out on the lanes , look forward to next time . must wear waterproof trousers for the puddles next time. cheers:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom