Trail Riders Fellowship

I've renewed my membership for another year. :clap
Anyother TRF members local to me who ride pogoos:nenau

Well I don't ride a GS these days, but I've got an XChallenge, Beta Alp and a Beta Rev 3 that get used around bits of mid and north wales, down towards Gloucestershire and trialled in Shatterford and a quarry in Hereford. Nothing competitive or fast. PM me if you want to meet up.

What bike will you be riding?

There's a couple of older guys from Reading area who ride with us regularly, you're welcome to tag along if you don't mind waiting for them occassionally. We normally ride from Wantage, southwest in to Wiltshire and back via Compton to Wallingford area, leaves you not too far from home.

i ride out my recently aquired XR400 - see my other post in the strokers section...i would love to you join you as i have i have not been that way...so keep me posted when you go out next...
thx Lars

Well I don't ride a GS these days, but I've got an XChallenge, Beta Alp and a Beta Rev 3 that get used around bits of mid and north wales, down towards Gloucestershire and trialled in Shatterford and a quarry in Hereford. Nothing competitive or fast. PM me if you want to meet up.

:thumb As soon as my bike is fixed

i ride out my recently aquired XR400 - see my other post in the strokers section...i would love to you join you as i have i have not been that way...so keep me posted when you go out next...
thx Lars

I'm away quite a bit over the next two months Lars but would be happy to ride out to meet the others with you if I'm around.

thx Lars

I hope to be riding here this Sunday:

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287929

This wil probably be my last ride of January before going skiing in early February, after that we'll be out quite regularly.

What bike will you be riding?

There's a couple of older guys from Reading area who ride with us regularly, you're welcome to tag along if you don't mind waiting for them occassionally. We normally ride from Wantage, southwest in to Wiltshire and back via Compton to Wallingford area, leaves you not too far from home.

Cheeky monkey! I do tag along with these guys and you are welcome to ride out with me, am in Caversham so you head out this way up to the Woodcote Road anyway.

This Sunday I am doing the Hampshire trails with a bunch of guys only 1 I know, here's the thread if you want to muscle in - I am sure you'll be welcome and we can maybe ride down together. The start will - I suspect - be Alton.

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289127

Thanks, Mike

Joined at the bike show as said in a previous post.
Then Joined my local group,East Yorkshire,they all appear very enthusiastic and active.
I've been to a couple of meeting,and I'm going on my first ride out on Sunday.
Although I'm looking forward to it very much, it's always a little daunting when embarking on something new,I've done very little offroading and just hope i don't end up holding them up.
Here's hopeing for a long and prosperous assocciation with the TRF.

Steve.

I've done very little offroading and just hope i don't end up holding them up.

Make sure they are aware of your level of experience and you'll be fine. The TRF doesn't usually attract louts so they should be considerate. Be prepared to get tired well before they do and make sure you can get back to base under your own steam.

Like some others here.... rejoined after a bit of a lapse... feeling the need to actually go laning again, instead of just thinking of myself as being able to go off tarmac! :)

JB and I have signed up for Devon TRF's Teign to Tamar weekend in April.
Accomodation and group rides on both Sat & Sun.

:)

Just had a very enjoyable couple of nights down at the Teign to Tamar.
Went down Friday and accomodation was Wheeldon farm where I shared a 3 bed cottage with JB and a chap from Leicester. Nice double bed on suite with a pub meal friday and a fantastic BBQ saturday evening.

Only did the saturday ride as I wanted to return home this morning to watch Euan play rugby but it was still well worth it. The morning ride was perfect, great lanes, good pace and our group was 8 bikes so just right. Tally Ho was a nightmare, the ride leader got up on his XR250 then the guy on a Husky 4 something made a right pigs ear of it which ruined anyone else chances really (I don't think I would have ever cleared it though so it was a relief to me that he did). Stopped in Shaldon for lunch and watched the sky get blacker, the lightning start and the rain bounce off the road. Rode untill about 4.30 and then peeled off with JB and headed back to Wheeldon for a shower and a beer.

There were four groups out (about 30 riders) and they weren't getting back untill 7, 8 & 9 o'clock which was way too longer day for me, it was strange to hear someone say last night that they were a bit dissapointed to hear that sundays ride would finish around 4 because they didn't think they would be getting their monies worth! For me the weekend was about a couple of nights away, nice food and accomodation, good company and some trail riding. Even with only riding one day I think I had VFM.

The TRF chaps do ride a bit different to me though, very much a case of press on, not many stops, loads of lanes and a very long day. When I go out riding for a day I do tend to stop, take photos, chat to folk and take in the views.

All in all though, a very enjoyable weekend.

I attempted to sign up last year but after a "novice" trail ride with an arrogant leader who said my Serow wasn't "up to it" and that if I didn't like mud (I fell off 3 times in half a mile), then I shouldn't bother riding off road, I asked for a membership refund :(

However, just last week, I decided to join if only to offer my support and get the code for TrailWise. I don't know how much more info I can gleam from being a full member, time will tell :nenau

I attempted to sign up last year but after a "novice" trail ride with an arrogant leader who said my Serow wasn't "up to it" and that if I didn't like mud (I fell off 3 times in half a mile), then I shouldn't bother riding off road, I asked for a membership refund :(

However, just last week, I decided to join if only to offer my support and get the code for TrailWise. I don't know how much more info I can gleam from being a full member, time will tell :nenau

Don't use the GLEAM word:blast

TRF'ers hate it:D

Teesside and North Yorks TRF have a Novice run each month, once a member you can join any group

East Yorks and West Yorks seem to be very active

TRF'ers hate it:D

Teesside and North Yorks TRF have a Novice run each month, once a member you can join any group

East Yorks and West Yorks seem to be very active

Thanks but I doubt I'll be joining any groups. My experience of a Novice run wasn't fun and my idea of trail riding is usually different to others.
Whilst I understand the trails are precious, I can't get into the mentality of not sharing information.

Thanks but I doubt I'll be joining any groups. My experience of a Novice run wasn't fun and my idea of trail riding is usually different to others.
Whilst I understand the trails are precious, I can't get into the mentality of not sharing information.

If your ever down in the Peaks (Derby Area), give me a shout. SWMBO has a Serow and has no issues following me through the mud - :D

If your ever down in the Peaks (Derby Area), give me a shout. SWMBO has a Serow and has no issues following me through the mud - :D

Thanks for the offer, will keep you in mind when I'm planning weekends :thumb2

Elle, there is a band of ladies know as The Dirty Girls, all TRF members and most users of this website.
They meet a couple of times a year for a social weekend of trail riding, food and a cider or two....
I'm sure they would welcome a new blood.
And can I apologise for your TRF experience, this is not how I think we should welcome new riders.
My patch is North Wales, and again I can offer a trail ride there should you want to visit, the Mold loop being fairly 'newbie-friendly'.... and I could invite the Dirty Girls along too to offer you some help too.

The Dirty Girls:- Pumpy, Sarah Teach, Dr JM, Welshbird, Ange, Emmsy-poo, Tinatrim (temp retired).

Timpo.

And can I apologise for your TRF experience, this is not how I think we should welcome new riders.

It's certainly not how my local TRF lot welcome new riders either - plenty on bikes like Serows, and all manner of weird and wonderful stuff in all conditions - all are welcome.

DOH! I've just found out what you meant by GLEAM!

Elle, there is a band of ladies know as The Dirty Girls, all TRF members and most users of this website......
My patch is North Wales, and again I can offer a trail ride there should you want to visit........
Timpo.
Many thanks. I've met Pumpy a couple of times. Last time, she was riding off road on a GS1150 on road tyres in the middle of the Dales, in February - :bow

Back
Top Bottom