Is the Black sea totally land locked ?

Captain Black

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
If you travel south east to Romania/Moldova then swing clockwise around the black sea through Ukraine, Georgia, Turkey and Greece back up through the southern med. So really around the black sea, is it totally land locked. Has anyone made this particular route ?

I have a couple of friends that have done it in the past, am considering it myself. One of the reasons for the Gallipoli campaign was to gain access to the Dardanelles & ultimately the Bosphorous in order to maintain shipping to & from Russia :thumb2

A third bridge is on the cards too btw :eek

A third bridge is on the cards too btw :eek

Yes it bloody is, and it'll go right past my house. They're thinking of adding a rail section to the bridge too, so that'll make it quiet then. Crap crap crap.

On to the subject of the Black Sea. You'll need to check the status of the Georgia / Russia border crossing. The last I heard it was commercial vehicles only, but that was a while ago. I'm sure someone on The Hubb could clear that up though. There's a ferry between Trabzon in Turkey and Sochi in Russia if you can't get through the border.

Yes it bloody is, and it'll go right past my house. They're thinking of adding a rail section to the bridge too, so that'll make it quiet then. Crap crap crap.

If you own the property then you'll be quids in...if not your life there will be misery :aidan

If it was landlocked wouldn't this have caused some problems for the Russian Navy's Black Sea fleet?

Why? It's a Black Sea fleet, so it tends to stay in the Black Sea, and they still have a port rented from the Ukraine.

If you own the property then you'll be quids in...if not your life there will be misery :aidan

I own it, but if an off ramp isn't built in Zekeriyakoy, or for Sariyer, values won't increase much if at all.

But I'm going off topic.

Stupid bloody bridge.

Back
Top Bottom